Hello Tristin,
I 100% agree with your first paragraph, to the best of my knowledge the regular drivers (excluding the Busch Series) and legends (Yarborough, Langley, Lund, etc.) are the only cars that can't be driven in career mode, and the fantasy road course tracks along with Daytona Beach and Tiburon, so I think you covered all the bases there. I do want to clarify something on the second paragraph though:
I have also changed the rules to allow Quick Race submissions in addition to Practice and Qualifying for Best Lap times, since allowing Practice for drafting purposes and not allowing Quick Race didn’t make sense to me when I went back and looked at it.
This is where I think you went in the wrong direction I'm afraid. You can't draft in practice, there's no AI cars during practice nor qualifying so you cannot draft in either, only the quick race. The bigger problem I have with quick race is that the timer can slow down which would allow for impossibly fast lap times which I've already shown a photo of in my first post of the topic. That's a much bigger concern than trying to painstakingly time a lap so that you can catch the AI cars in the right spot while simultaneously not being held up by them. For this reason I think allowing practice and qualifying times only for best lap is the way to go, since neither of them benefit from drafting nor the timer slowdown glitch (as far as I know anyway, I don't really know what causes it, just that it happened to me during a 100% quick race and I'm not the only person it's happened to.)
I hope I'm not coming across as rude btw, I can be a bit blunt but I don't really mean to be a jerk. I know how hard moderating can be and I appreciate what you've done so far.
Hello Tristin,
It is possible through sponsorship incentives to drive an in-game paint scheme in career mode, so I don't think that's an effective way to rule it out. Sometimes whether or not a time was driven in career mode can still be obvious like at Daytona/Talladega, where a career mode car can't sustain 10k RPM without blowing up, but on short tracks there's really not a good way to tell. I will admit I don't have a good solution for this off the top of my head, but it is something to note. One more thing to note is that AI cars don't exist in either practice or qualifying, only in the race itself (and the amount of time you can gain by timing a lap to get drafts off another car is trivial compared to the time saved from the timer slowdown glitch.)
I'm also not sure separate charts are necessary for ALL tracks, just the ones that are possible to play in career mode. I only have one submitted lap time and it did use a custom paint scheme, but it was also for the Talladega infield course which is a track that is impossible to play on career mode. It just feels a little odd to have a separate chart for something like that where neither side has any differences.
With that said I 100% agree with the rest of the rule changes and think it's a great way to ensure fairness while at the same time not having an unrealistically high barrier for entry for such a niche game. Well done regarding that!
Hi, I'm the user in question and agree with everything AmkSKI has said. The 41.3 is referencing Tiburon if the context isn't clear, and I used the exact same setup that mrsmashboy made in a YT video (definitely an impossible lap with his setup.)
The timer glitch happened when I was playing a 100% race and I was fooling around wrecking all of the cars trying to get Shawna Robinson a 2nd place finish, lol. I sometimes do random stuff like this and pick a random backmarker to do well. It was towards the end of the race, I didn't bother recording a video of one of those laps because I didn't want it to count, but I did take a really horrible quality cellphone photo on the race stats screen. You will note that my top speed reached in the race (which was accurate) is not conducive to the lap time. I could have driven at the top speed for the entire lap and it still would have fallen short of my best lap, so the only explanation I have is that the timer was slower than normal:
It's a 3 mile track, so for me to do a lap that fast I would have needed to average more than 261 mph for the entire lap.
