Kommentare
Lauf: Anno 1701
Baden-Württemberg, GermanyAlex_der_KILLER2 months ago

brother humbled me in less than a day xD

DasNilpferd und Xevis gefällt das.
Lauf: Anno 1701
Baden-Württemberg, GermanyAlex_der_KILLER11 months ago

OMG YES! I acutually dont know how I never thought about a full campaign run, but it makes total sense. I'll take a look at it. And maybe if i get some time during new year, i'll try to make like summeries and guides for every mission for others to more easily get into it

Lauf: Anno 1701
Baden-Württemberg, GermanyAlex_der_KILLER11 months ago

sry for the late verification. had college stuff to do ❤️

Lauf: Anno 1701
Baden-Württemberg, GermanyAlex_der_KILLER11 months ago

alright, this is a funny one. i think with the mute glitch you save around 18 seconds in total. Moldavarims runs doesn't use this, so if he had used the glitch, his run would still be faster xD by like 1 or 2 seconds. But you got the record for now

DasNilpferd gefällt das.
Lauf: Anno 1701
Baden-Württemberg, GermanyAlex_der_KILLER1 year ago

Nice one!!! Had to adjust the category rules, because I noticed that the victory card, which i usually used to time runs, appears at slightly different times in different runs. Mine took about 200 milliseconds to appear, while yours took 800 milliseconds. I don't know if that's due to a victory condition check in set intervals or because of hardware. So from now on, the run stops right after the warehouse is placed. Doesn't change much though. You would have had 35,100 or something. Now it's 34,29. I have to retime the others too. Mine would be at 35,36 then.

Unbekannt
Baden-Württemberg, GermanyAlex_der_KILLER1 year ago

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and sorry for the late response!

I will keep the speed at 4x speed as long as there is no clear majority consent in the community to change it!

Regarding the 3 palace pieces: it's already the rule to just build 3 pieces.

And thanks for mentioning the editor! Didn't even thought that far. I will exclude Editor-Created Maps in the rules as you mentioned: it breaks the spirit.

Again, sorry for the late response. And I'm already at processing your submitted runs.

Have a nice one,

Alex

AnnohOlic, Moldavarim, und DasNilpferd gefällt das.
Thread: Anno 1701
Baden-Württemberg, GermanyAlex_der_KILLER2 years ago

After some consideration, I’ve identified a few potential categories for our speedruns, each with its own pros and cons. Let me break them down:

a. Largest Amount of Money (500,000 Gold): This category would likely involve a research-heavy speedrun, where runners focus on optimizing strategies to amass wealth quickly. Balancing income and expenditure would be crucial, and depending on the route, it might even involve merchants or (less likely) aristocrats. This could be a very fitting category, as it might encompass a wide range of gameplay elements, making it enjoyable for both runners and viewers.

b. Largest Settlement (20,000 Inhabitants): Similar to the money category, this would also require extensive research and strategy development. However, the most effective strategy might center around building only peasant or settler-level homes, which could become tedious and unengaging. Overall, I think this might not be the best fit, as it risks being monotonous for both participants and the audience.

c. Trader’s Tasks (3, 10, or 30 Tasks): This one is tricky. Completing 30 tasks seems unrealistic due to the long intervals between tasks (likely over 5 minutes), making the run drawn out and boring. However, 3 or 10 tasks could be intriguing. The category would emphasize randomness, quick reactions, and preparation. The unpredictability of tasks and world generation could lead to a fresh and unique experience every time, especially for a 3-task run. However, it could also become boring if the optimal strategy devolves into just staying at the peasant level and waiting for tasks. We need more information on task intervals to make a final judgment, but this has the potential to be an interesting and engaging category.

d. Building the Palace (“Palace %” or “Aristocrat %”): This is essentially a run to reach aristocrats and build a palace, representing a significant portion of the game. It avoids the tedious waiting seen in categories like “Independence” and is more substantial than something like “Settling Islands.” It’s a strong candidate for a category, as it covers a broad spectrum of the game’s features without being too long or short.

e. Settling Islands: This is already an unofficial category and currently the fastest way to achieve victory in the game.

f. Independence: Similar to “Palace %,” but with a 30-minute waiting period that makes it tedious for runners and boring for viewers. The community has already leaned towards deeming this one unfit, and I agree—“Palace %” would be a better alternative.

g. Last Standing (“Extinction %”): This category involves eliminating 3 AI opponents, with a focus on military strategy. This category could require advancing to at least the third population level to access necessary military units, and it offers a unique focus on combat, which could be quite enjoyable depending on the rules we establish.

h. Pirate Pact (“Pirate %”): This might be a dull category, as it revolves around befriending the pirate either by destroying other players’ ships or by paying him off. It could involve a lot of waiting and little action, making it an unlikely candidate for a main category.

i. Colonial Goods: This is similar to “Palace %,” but without reaching aristocrats, stopping at merchants instead. If our goal is to showcase the essence of Anno, “Palace %” would be a better fit, as it inherently includes the elements of a “Colonial Goods %” run.

While victory conditions make for clean categories with a clear endpoint, we can also create our own. These won’t have the satisfaction of a win screen but are still feasible. We could create virtually endless categories: “Research %,” “World Peace %,” “All Goods %,” etc. However, one that stands out to me is:

Aristocrat %: This would represent the ultimate goal in any Anno game: reaching the highest civilization level, which in Anno 1701 is the aristocrats. This category would showcase the best aspects of the game, though it wouldn’t include much in the way of military or naval combat. Whether we go with “Aristocrat %” or “Palace %” is a matter of preference. “Palace %” has the advantage of an in-game victory condition and a more satisfying ending with a win screen, though it requires building three parts of a palace rather than just reaching aristocrats.

For now, I’d suggest we introduce two new categories: “Palace %/Aristocrat %” and “Extinction %.” However, this isn’t a final decision—just an initial proposal. I’m eager to hear what others think and if there are any additional ideas we should consider!

AnnohOlic, DasNilpferd und 3 Andere gefällt das.
Lauf: Anno 1701
Baden-Württemberg, GermanyAlex_der_KILLER2 years ago

That is insane. I had to double check what the time of the previous world records were, when I saw your sub 10 minute, because I couldn't believe it! I'd say if there were to ever be a "Summoning Salt"- Video about Anno 1701, you'd be mentioned for sure as the one finding the trick to save 1/3 of the previous world record time! Great work!!! Imagin we find more "glitches" like that.

DasNilpferd gefällt das.
Lauf: Anno 1701
Baden-Württemberg, GermanyAlex_der_KILLER2 years ago

I'm honestly impressed by both of you guys. I looking forward to seeing you oblterate the Hard Scenarios (0_0).

DasNilpferd gefällt das.
Lauf: Anno 1701
Baden-Württemberg, GermanyAlex_der_KILLER2 years ago

I'm terribly sorry for the late verification. I saw the submission but was currently in a game and then forgot it. But congrats to you too! I sense a rivalry between friends.

Lauf: Anno 1701
Baden-Württemberg, GermanyAlex_der_KILLER2 years ago

Congrats! Guess I'm gonna have to try getting the WR back, hehe

DasNilpferd gefällt das.
Lauf: Anno 1701
Baden-Württemberg, GermanyAlex_der_KILLER3 years ago

gone trough the end of the video frame by frame and the time was 40s 600ms instead of 950ms, so even faster

Sorami gefällt das.
Lauf: Anno 1701
Baden-Württemberg, GermanyAlex_der_KILLER3 years ago

That's gonna be interesting xD

Lauf: Anno 1701
Baden-Württemberg, GermanyAlex_der_KILLER3 years ago

Very nice! Hope to see more of you

Lauf: Anno 1701
Baden-Württemberg, GermanyAlex_der_KILLER4 years ago

Nice work. Keep going on. Hope to see more of you :D. And P.S. sorry for the late verification.

Lauf: Anno 1701
Baden-Württemberg, GermanyAlex_der_KILLER4 years ago

Well, got to bet the record. Just wait for me.

Xevis gefällt das.
Alex_der_KILLER Informationen
Beigetreten
5 years ago
Online
today
Läufe
6
Gespielte Spiele
Anno 1701
Anno 1701
Letzter Durchlauf 2 months ago
6
Läufe
Beobachtete Spiele
Clustertruck
Clustertruck
Letzter Besuch 1 year ago
2
Besuche
Anno 1701
Anno 1701
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
286
Besuche
Moderierte Spiele
Anno 1701
Anno 1701
Letzte Aktion 2 months ago
46
Aktionen