Due to the RNG of opening attack patterns swinging time dramatically for some levels, is it allowed to use Retry in menu if we get bad RNG and restarting the level would be faster than playing it out?
It isn't explicitly stated in the rules, but also isn't seen in existing submissions, so wanted to ask as it would eliminate some resets. Thanks.
There are pros and cons to the change, but overall I agree the mouse shaking at the beginning is really rough on the joints, so I support this.
If you upload runs you'd like us to edit into existing submissions that weren't on YouTube, we can do that, but it's not required. We're also not singling anybody out, as this was a policy we had discussed in the wake of the Twitch highlights disaster and simply never got around to implementing. It's a quiet board, but we'd love to see more runs and runners!
Also, YouTube links can be unlisted. No need to have them public anywhere but here.
Hello runners! After a mod discussion around the safety of archiving submission videos, there has been an update to the rules of the board as of this forum message.
All runs submitted going forward must be uploaded to YouTube in order to be verified and accepted.
We appreciate your understanding regarding this rule change and look forward to seeing more runs!
Were these possible before the update patch? I am trying to figure out how they work so I can test on console. A reroute using a couple of these in Any% could save a chunk of time if possible.
Question about patch versions and the leaderboards... I started running the game on PS5 and the patch that came out on PC which added the new content a few years back never happened for consoles. We don't have fast travel to base or the hidden quest.
Since a good deal of time save isn't possible on console vs PC without fast travel, would you consider making separate versions of run categories just for consoles?
Something like: Any% (Console), All Secrets (Console), 100% (Console)
-
Macros are disallowed.
-
Tabbing out of the program during the run is disallowed.
bigscared has experience in massively updating platforms and reassigning orphaned runs if you wanna mod them to help out
personally unsure if we really need a separate board for each console... it's probably fine to just have a split between "PC" and "Console" unless tons of new runners start showing up on different consoles and we notice a tangible difference between them
It's hilarious I never realized you can skip cutscenes. Probably because PC is the only platform I hadn't played. Very curious what button skips them on console, if any.
I've been looking at this game, along with many friends, and I know I speak for them when I say that, should lock-on and water of life accessibility features be entirely banned, we would no longer be interested in running SWC or promoting the speedrun. If these features are to be banned from Any% (a bad look on the community no matter what), there should at least be another category leaderboard which allows them.
The way I look at the "difficulty" argument being presented is not in the speedrun spirit. We should be using all tools available to us to run the game as fast as possible. If infinite heals makes the run faster, then that's a GOOD thing. The fact that the game does not have difficulty options means that "difficulty" should not be a factor for the run or for splitting categories. If you want to do a challenge run, then do a challenge run.

United States















