Any% No Menu Storage proposition
1 year ago
Kenya

If you've seen one of the faster any% runs, you are most likely aware of menu storage. It is a trick where you collect a special/stat point and pause the game on the same frame, which allows you to cancel out of the pause menu and skate around with the save menu open. This basically allows you to skip the end cutscenes after every mission, which saves a lot of time throughout the run.

Unfortunately, menu storage is the kind of glitch which has turned people off from running the game. It is an annoying trick which is not only stupid to perform optimally for a number of reasons (and can easily go wrong) but it is also generally arbitrary and doesn't really add skill to the run, outside of being an annoying barrier for entry. It just makes the run significantly more difficult for beginners to learn and it makes it more annoying to run for high level players. It would also be an absolute pain to re-route and then execute All Missions and especially 100% using menu storage. It's not even all that visually interesting and it doesn't make the game particularly more enjoyable. It is pretty much the main reason why the game has not seen many runs in the past couple of years.

Because of this, I want to propose the idea of adding a new No Menu Storage category for Any% (and possibly the other main categories, although menu storage hasn't been incorporated into their routes yet). It would essentially be like Any% was before 2020, with menu storage being banned. I'm hoping that this will encourage more new runners to try the game out and do runs and possibly bring some interest to former runners to try the game again. I do think this would be a good thing to add but I would like to make sure that this would indeed be wanted.

Bearbeitet von der Autor 1 year ago
adelyn64 und Helix gefällt das.
Minnesota, USA
Helix
She/Her, They/Them
1 year ago

I'm in favor- I know a couple people who tried to learn this game after my GDQ run who hit a wall with menu storage and stopped playing.

Kenya

Update: no menu storage categories have been added to the boards.

Spielstatistiken
Follower
Läufe
Spieler
Neueste Threads
Veröffentlicht 7 years ago
0 Antworten
Veröffentlicht 1 year ago
1 Antwort
Veröffentlicht 1 year ago
2 Antworten
Veröffentlicht 3 years ago