wouldnt it be a good idea to have a category for 100%? there would be the entire museasm in its entirity. every licence. an and dont forget all garages. simple? no. its long. if all licences are 3 hours. then what does even more make?
Are you interested in running 100%? Someone has previously suggested a museum category and decided it took too long https://www.speedrun.com/derail_valley/forums/ubwm8
For a 100% category it would include all purchasable items, so at minimum every cassette, every key, and every tool, if not every accessory as well.
If this interests you, try running it and get a feel for the total time.
I think I'd honestly be interested in this as well. I mean I'd be insane enough to do that long of a speedrun. Plus we could make level categories for getting and repairing specific museum loco's. Then again maybe not as they'd all be virtually the same. But I'd be heavily interested in 100% category as well
it's just that flat mode in VR would play very differently. particularly when searching for museum locomotives because flat mode lets you use the F2 when F3 keys to move the camera around freely while vr does not have this. also should collecting all the cassette tapes count? someone would have to route all of this but to put in simple harbor town makes the most money until you get military 1 and 2. in which then it's worth doing those also specifically shunting jobs. since they take the least amount of time and pay the most I think. tho i'm not sure
Currently Any% allows segments. I initially added this because I expected it to be a >12h run. I can make the same segment allowance for 100%.
I would classify the game's content in these categories:
- Locations (visit each station once)
- Job types (perform at least one of each SHL, FH, SHU, LH)
- Purchasable items (purchase all licenses and one of each store item)
- Museum restorations (restore and paint all locomotives)
I would consider a "100%" to be at minimum purchasing one of every purchasable item and restoring all locomotives. Since you two would be running the category, what are your opinions. What would you classify as "100%?"
first of all sum of the purchasable items can be purchased again sometimes without limits after some management. while others do indeed have a limit such as the keys and every single cassette tape also yes management of items as needed because you need 13 demonstration paint cains in the store only lets you by 10
Let me clarify, I wouldn't ask people to buy out the store of items. Just buy (at minimum) one of each store item. The paint cans you would have to buy several of though to restore all the trains.










