Process when new patch comes out
5 months ago
England

I have been thinking what do we think the process should be for when a major patch comes out? There's an update coming soon where they're buffing a bunch of abilities and nerfing a few. Roughly about 90 things (I think).

Tyler had said that he can open up a branch on Steam for Speedrunners to stay at a given update, but that might push people away from doing the speedrun. Especially if it's 5-10 updates later. But then I know it's a pain to have every speedrun category for every patch so I thought I would put it on the forums to maybe get a consensus(?) or if Ec is feeling a certain way about it then idm :)

Los Angeles, CA, USA

I think the new patch should be stronger, it mostly sounds to be buffs to weak abilities and not screwing the player on events. Unless for some reason there is a god ability/run combo that is impossible to match we could probably stay current patch.

That being said the steam branch is super simple and the best way to downpatch, it would be very easy to swap that way if we get that.

There's also a strong likelihood that late game abilities are being targeted and not early game ones, I'd imagine Scatter Shot is the only real one to keep an eye on

Arizona, USA

Assuming it's a situation where the patch isn't objectively better or worse, do some games allow you to play on either version?

Los Angeles, CA, USA

There is manual downpatching and sometimes devs offer older versions in a steam tab.

Arizona, USA

Sorry, I mean for the leaderboards. Have there been cases before where a patch makes some parts faster and some slower, and they just combine it all into one leaderboard because it isn't objective which one is better?

England

It depends on the effect that the patch has. I've overall found that games tend to stick at a certain patch to maintain normality between runs, but sometimes I've seen different patches have different leaderboards. Minecraft comes to mind for that one, but that also has many many runners where it makes much a bigger difference

Arizona, USA

Well it's in the beta branch now, and the mage buffs are a pretty big deal. I can't imagine anybody wanting to play on the older version.

England

They're huge, the current route and way of playing is very heavy on Hunter. It's going to be weird switching around and focusing a bit more on Mage

Spielstatistiken
Follower
48
Läufe
75
Spieler
25
Kürzliche Durchläufe
Neueste Threads
Veröffentlicht 2 months ago
2 Antworten
Veröffentlicht 3 months ago
3 Antworten
Veröffentlicht 3 months ago
7 Antworten
Veröffentlicht 4 months ago
1 Antwort
Veröffentlicht 5 months ago
7 Antworten
Veröffentlicht 5 months ago
2 Antworten
Moderatoren