It's really cool to see a plan for a co-op speedrun. I never even gave it a thought before.
It took a while, but I have an idea on how I would build my team. Maybe this will give you some ideas too.
Take these with a grain of salt as I've never played Caveblazers in a co-op mode.
1. Vampire (+1% damage for every 1 health the character has)
Role: The main character and a damage dealer. Others are mostly for support.
Role: Turns every health shrine into a blood shrine and blood shrines cost 5 health to use.
Role: Free upgrade.
Role: Runes from bosses.
- This is a team created to get as much damage output as soon as possible.
- Get items from the first two levels, but otherwise always run for the next level. Run, run, run.
- A good weapon, preferable ranged, should be upgraded on the altar of the second level and given to the vampire. (Trader for one free upgrade)
- Brimstone activates every blood shrine with 5 health each, but the vampire will be the one to take the blessings.
- Runemaster as a perk makes bosses drop runes on death and that gives many opportunities:
• Shield Runes + Boost Runes = more permanent damage (for the vampire)
• Demon Runes for max health and Health Runes for current health (equals more damage for the vampire)
• Surge Runes stack, so in the best case scenario the vampire would get +40% on both attack damage and attack speed for the last boss (all forms of it) from Surge Runes alone.
- On speedrun most of the time is used on bosses and with enough damage output almost every boss will be dead in no time.