rejected time
6 years ago
Illinois, USA

I used the autosplit. That's why I said it in the description, cause I doubted it myself, but trust me it is correct.

Illinois, USA

and that is also why I uploaded my splits for you to see the time and everything.

European Union

That's weird, because as I said, the timer started 9 frames late and after rewatching the video it also stops 2 frames late, making your time a 6.29, so it's not a PB anyways. It seems strange that the autosplitter is that broken but feel free to contact the author of the splitter, tcd11, for further help. If someone can help you with that problem, it's him.

Illinois, USA

I think the reason the autosplit stopped is if you stop holding S about 7 frames before the end screen it ends the end screen faster. That is why I think I got the 6.05

Illinois, USA

I mean it's the time I got, if you look back at my splits I got countless 6.10's, but I wasn't happy with 6.10's

European Union

You might be misunderstanding, the autosplitter is a tool to accurately display the run time according to the timing rules ("The timer starts when granny starts moving and ends when the after-game menu appears."), because times of this short category should be more accurate than the number of frames in a 30FPS video; also determining the point where granny starts moving can be quite hard from a recording. The run you provided in your video is 188 frames or around 6.27s (+- 0.067 aka. frame uncertainty) long according to the timing the autosplitter should follow if it's working properly. Therefore, your Livesplit displaying a 6.05s for that run is obviously wrong and if it was used, there has to be something wrong with the autosplitter.

Illinois, USA

okay when I get home i'll just upload my 6.10 run or try again.

toca likes this
Illinois, USA

im getting a little bit tired of this, I reset the split, it is starting and stopping on its own, nothing is fucking broken. That is the WR, you just can not accpet it

European Union

Okay, I will explain it again :) By definition, the timing starts when granny starts moving. The autosplitter exists to make sure the timer starts at that exact point. If the timing does not start at that exact point (but 3 or even 9 frames late), it doesn't mean that 6.05s is your time according to the leaderboard-defined timing. It means that either (a) the autosplitter has a problem or (b) you didn't use the autosplitter at all. Either way, whatever your timer displays is not the time you got. So your argument "That is the WR, you just can not accpet it" is wrong since I can show by simple framecounting that what your timer displays is not correct by 0.1 or even 0.2 seconds. Fortunately, your latest submission seems to be okay as the timer starts and stops on the right frame and therefore seems to reproduce the leaderboard timing.

P.S. I hope the description of your 6.11s run https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/122837518839185408/307922146665955329/Unbenannt.png wasn't dedicated towards me :)

Edited by the author 6 years ago
Jmak likes this
Illinois, USA

well jesus man, i'm just flustered cause autosplitters are always weird

United States

THIS IS EVEN BETTER! THE AUTOSPLITTER DOESN'T WORK CORRECTLY!

Game stats
Followers
Runs
Players
Latest news
New (Temporary) Moderator

Hey everyone, just wanted to acknowledge that I was made moderator since the old mod has been out of action for quite a while. I don't really want the job so any willing, active runner is free to take the reins.

I have removed one of the tied first place runs because the vid begins with the grann

1 year ago
Latest threads
Posted 4 years ago
11 replies
Posted 6 years ago
4 replies
Posted 6 years ago
11 replies
Moderators