New to speedrunning
5 years ago
United States

Hey there, I just wanted to introduce myself now that I have submitted some runs.

I'm brand new to speedrunning though I have been watching videos for about a year or so now on different games. I had been thinking about trying something out when I loaded up The Adventure Pals for the first time and saw the mechanics and in-game timer. After competing against myself for about 20 runs I decided to see what the WR was. I was within about 20 seconds so I pushed myself to get the WR before moving onto the next stage. I kept true to that and plan to keep that up for all future stages until I beat the game, then I will run a full segment run.

I doubt any of my records will last long, as some of you have been playing much more than I have, but I feel lucky that I got into the game when there is not too many people competing.

That being said, I really hope the community behind this game grows more as time goes on. I think it's a great game and I really want to see what kinds of things can be done in it.

I've looked through the forum and it seems that you have figured out some tech that could help elevate our runs to the next level.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hey.

Happy Running! -jb

Melwing17 likes this
United States

Welcome,

I can see that you're already breaking some records on the leaderboards. Nice job! If you ever want to talk about the game and its speedrunning be sure to stop by the official Adventure Pals Discord server that Massive Monster created. It's quiet right now but its a good way to talk to the community and the developers when they aren't busy. I'll post the link below. Hope to see you there and hope to see more records broken.

https://discord.gg/qUMXUmu

Game stats
Followers
Runs
Players
Recent runs
Latest threads
Posted 1 year ago
6 replies
Posted 2 years ago
0 replies
Posted 3 years ago