Full Game Leaderboard
Laboratory Rescue (Explosive Cover)
Temple Surveillance (Explosive Cover)
Outpost Rescue (Explosive Cover)
Temple Surveillance (Rapid Cover)
Outpost Rescue (Rapid Cover)
Bridge Assault (Rapid Cover)
By DeepDarknessDeepDarkness Last updated
This is meant to be a full speedrunning guide for Agent describing the strats I use in every level.
Do you have any feedback, comments, requests or suggestions? Are there English mistakes? Did I mention you and you didn't want me to? Just let me know! I plan to keep this guide updated.
Let's get started! I hope you find this useful.
MISSION 0: DATACORE | DEMOLITION
Info about the time: My record is 4:57 (11th October 2017, video here). The previous World Record was 4:58, by PDM (proven back then, video lost). The best record on this site before my post was 5:06, by Slevanas.
- Own strategy based on a few ideas by PDM.
Suggested weapons: Superdragon and FAC-16.
- First of all, forget about the Plasma Riffle on this level, all the tricks you can do with it can be done faster using my weapons.
- The first time you use a weapon there is an extra animation. Try to have these animations when you are waiting for the doors to open.
- Start the level throwing a grenade to the floor (kills all 3 spider-bots). Now quickly switch to FAC-16 to get its loading animation done and then switch back to unarmed.
- Open the second door and while it opens switch to SuperDragon and then back to unarmed.
- You can roll through the red laser, you don't need to crouch. Don't be too close, or the laser will hit you. Don't be too far or you will end being crouched after the laser.
- When you are approaching the camera, switch to SuperDragon and shot a grenade at the floor around the door as fast as you can. If you do it properly, the grenade will blow up the camera. Most times the door will close and then re-open (not a big time-loss). If you are lucky (i.e.: if you do it properly), the door won't even have time to decide to close, like in my video.
- Right after the camspy, at the door switch to FAC-16 and back to unarmed. A grenade to the left part of the glass and another one to the right are enough to kill all 7 spiderbots, and that saves a good bunch of time. Your time depends partially on how short the sentences said by the first scientist are (he has several possible sentences of different lengths and he chooses them randomly).
MISSION 1: NIGHTCLUB | STAKEOUT
Info about the time: My record is 1:25 (1st November 2017, video here). The previous World Record was 1:26, by both PDM (proven back then, video lost) and me (26th October 2017, video here). The best time on this site before my post was 1:34, by Slevanas.
- Strategy based on PDM's, optimised by me.
Suggested weapons: any (small) weapon will do, since you don't need to use any weapons. I used Falcon.
- You won't need any weapon in the entire level, so just choose one randomly. The reason why I put Falcon instead of P9P is because the first time you use P9P on that level Joanna starts putting the silencer on the weapon, which is annoying because I have to restart the level due to the time loss.
- Switch to unarmed as soon as you start the level and punch the guy (it's hard, if you miss, restart the level).
- I'll try to describe now the audioscope trick. You want to start scanning as soon as possible, but turning left/right after the audioscope is selected is hard and slow, so you want to be precise. Select the audioscope right before the stairs and climb them while turning right and looking down a bit. If you have done that properly, which is quite hard if you want it to be as fast and precise as possible, you will be looking right to the target as soon as you reach the plant pot. Stop moving and start scanning. The ideal thing is to do it without needing to aim, which is hard and inconsistent if you want speed.
- The trick: as soon as you start scanning, start walking full left. You can move while scanning, and we are going to abuse that. Move left until you are in the spot where I stop in my video. If the progress bar of the audioscope didn't stop even once, then you have done it properly. Else, you have lost a bit of time, and it's up to you if you want to restart. It's quite luck based.
- As soon as the scanning stops, or a bit before like me, leave as fast as you can to the club's door. You should arrive there before the cinema. The shorter Chandra's sentence is, the better time you'll get (yes, it's that shitty). The rest of the level is straightforward. As usual, in order to get good times, you need to be hit as few times as possible.
MISSION 2: SUBWAY | RETRIEVAL
Info about the time: My record is 2:25 (1st November 2017, video here). The previous World Record was 2:26 by myself (28th October 2017, video here). The previous World Record without counting myself was 2:27, by PDM. The best time on this site before my post was 2:27, by both DoctorDave5001 and Slevanas.
- Own strategy.
Suggested weapons: SuperDragon and Viblade.
- Straightforward shitty level without tricks or timesavers, as far as I know. Also, you get shot like 300 times even on Agent.
- Be sure to check the RNG manipulation guide for agent, there are a few comments about this mission.
- Manipulate the RNG to get the best case for you, if you want.
- While using the demo-kit the first time, I switch to viblade to do its loading animation, then back to SuperDragon and then back to unarmed, there's time enough to do that.
- It doesn't matter what you do inside the train and in all the ending area, you will either be shot or go too slow.
MISSION 3: ROOFTOPS | ESCAPE
Info about the time: My record is 3:08 (1st November 2017, video here). The previous World Record was 3:32, by myself (I didn't upload the video, since I got 3:08 just minutes after). The previous World Record without counting myself was 3:34, by DoctorDave5001. The best time on this site before my post was 3:31, by Slevanas.
- Own strategy, making use of ShavedThrone10's trick after the first time you meet Killian.
Suggested weapons: Rocket Launcher and P9P.
- While bringing the Rocket Launcher as a weapon might seem slower and harder than using the Plasma along the level, if you do the things properly, the time loss in the beginning is very small (if there is any at all!), while the ending is actually much faster with the Rocket Launcher. Basically, 3 rockets beat Killian in the ending, while you need dozens of Plasma hits, saving a good bunch of seconds in the ending.
- Keep in mind that you want to assist Jack, since your time depends on his speed. The faster you both kill the guards on his way, the better.
- The video is quite self-explanatory. Switch your Rocket Launcher with the guards' weapons when you need to shoot, and switch back to Rocket Launcher when you don't need to shoot.
- In the section where I use the Jackal be as fast as possible killing the guards. There are 3 in the first floor, 2 in the second, and 4 in the third, if I'm not mistaken.
- Thanks to ShavedThrone10 for sharing with us the glitch that I use after the first time I meet Killian to go through a wall, skipping part of the level. To do it, simply go straight and as soon as you start falling, roll back.
- In the final fight, be sure to hit Killian all 3 times with the Rocket Launcher. Also, the time will be faster if he dies on the left side of the area (where he dies in my run) instead of the right side.
MISSION 4: MANSION | INFILTRATION
Info about the time: My record is 2:28 (6th October 2017, video here). The previous World Record was 2:30, by myself (I didn't upload the video since I got 2:28 just minutes after). The previous World Record without counting myself was 2:56, by PDM. The best time on this site before my post was 2:37, by Slevanas.
- Own strategy.
Suggested weapons: Whatever. I chose Magsec for no particular reason... It fits the level, I guess.
- You don't need to bring any weapon, so just choose a small one, or none.
- Be sure to read the RNG manipulation guide for Agent, there are a few comments about this mission there.
- The fight against Mayhem is full of RNG which can't be manipulated unfortunately, so there you will need some luck.
- First of all, manipulate the RNG to get the best RNG case (which is the case where you see a guard right in the entrance of the big area walking away from you. The RNG case with 2 guards near the big rock after the first bridge can be okay if you know how to play it, but I recommend to go for the other one. Avoid the case where you don't see any guard in the beginning).
- Now, there are 3 possible ways to access the second area, let's call it:
1) There's a door on the right which requires a demo-kit to open. This is the worst way, plus you want the locktopus to enter the mansion as fast as possible.
2) There's a big door in the middle. That's the way you want to choose. You'll need to unlock that door with the locktopus, but the pattern is pretty simple: just down.
3) There's a side path in the left. While this might seem better than using a locktopus, it isn't. I've timed all the routes.
- Once that's clear, start by getting into the first area, and on your way to the big door, just punch the guy. Unlock the big door and just keep moving ahead, as if the guards didn't exist. You should punch the guard at the second door while it opens. Now, reach the mansion's door and unlock it, the pattern is more or less up, down-left, right, down-left.
- Once inside the mansion, just follow the route that I use. As you can see, you can go through windows, just like in other levels, since a punch breaks them.
- The fight against Mayhem is luck-based, you want her to have good RNG, which she usually doesn't. The fight consists in 7 rounds:
1) Only Mayhem is there. She always spawns in the same spot in this round, so just learn where it is and shoot at her as soon as she spawns.
2) One rock guy. To kill him, just use 2 melee attacks.
3) Only Mayhem. She spawns at a random spot, just find her and shoot at her.
4) Two rock guys. 2 melee attacks to destroy each of them.
5) Mayhem many times. Each time you "kill her", she will create a shadowish clone of herself. Forget about the clones, you want to kill the original one 7 times. When you kill a clone, you will get a SuperDragon or ammo, but you will waste time.
6) Two rock guys. 2 melee attacks to destroy each of them.
7) Mayhem and two rock guys. Forget about the rock guys, since as soon as you kill Mayhem, the level will end.
MISSION 5: LABORATORY | RESCUE
Info about the time: My record is 2:15 (11th October 2017, video here). The previous World Record was 2:33, by PDM (proven back then, video lost). The best time on this site before my post was 2:48, by Slevanas.
- Own strategy.
Suggested weapons: SuperDragon and FAC-16.
- Be sure to read the RNG manipulation guide for Agent, there are a few comments about this mission there. As a reminder, you can manipulate RNG to get Jack in a different cell, and you can know where Jack is (cell 1, 5 or by just seeing the position of the guards in the beginning.
- If you want to use the fastest strat for the level, I recommend you to manipulate the RNG in order to avoid Jack being in cell 5. It is unclear which of them provides a faster ending, they all look quite similar to me, but on the case where Jack is in cell 5, they will very certainly call the alarm basically always in the beginning, and there will be tons of guards on your way and shooting at you and stuff. But it's up to you, you can use my strat with Jack on cell 5 as well.
- There are 3 possible routes upstairs:
1) Getting to the second door and from there going to get the silver card, and using it to get the gold card. This is the longest route.
2) Getting to the second door and from there going straight to get the gold card. You will need to use the Datathief in some vents. This is the second longest route.
3) Getting to the first door with the Datathief and from there getting the silver card and using it to get the gold card. This is by far the fastest route, even if intuition tells otherwise (because that Datathief seems super slow), and it's the one that you will find in my video.
A fun fact is that before finding this out I used an improved version of the 2nd route, where I used a barrel to jump over something and fall downstairs, and there is also another moment where I break a glass and fall through it instead of walking all the way around ([see my 2:41 video here](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrmve0qS8JY)). It was quite fun to find that strat. But believe me when I say that even doing routes 1 and 2 that way, route 3 is still faster.
- There are 3 possible strats for the ending:
1) Using the datathief to unlock Jack's cell. This is by far the slowest way to do it.
2) Using the device on the tower to unlock Jack's cell. This is considerably faster, but only if Jack is in cell 1. As an example of video using this strat, watch my 2:41 run (same as before).
3) Destroying the device on the tower to unlock all the cells at once. This doesn't require Jack being in a particular cell, which is cool, and also this is by far the fastest method if done like in my video.
- First of all, manipulate the RNG to get the best RNG case, if you want.
- Be sure to punch the guy at the first door before using the datathief, or they will call the alarm. The rest of the run until the checkpoint is straightforward, just watch my video.
- When you are on the lift, switch to FAC-16 to load its animation, and back to unarmed.
- Right after pushing down the bridge, select the FAC-16 and throw a grenade to the left side of the tower. That will destroy the device and all the cells will be unlocked (pretty cool, eh? :P).
- When you were doing the beginning of the run, you could already know where Jack is, so you shoulnd't need to check it now, but if you weren't paying attention you can still look where Jack is while killing guards. The ending works as simple as this: for the mission to end, you have to kill at least 7 guards in the ending area, and after that happens you have to step in front of Jack's opened cell. Be sure to switch to SuperDragon before entering the room, since FAC-16 is slow at launching grenades.
MISSION 6: RIVER | EXTRACTION
Info about the time: My record is 3:27 (26th October 2017, video here). The previous World Record was 3:44, by myself (9th October 2017, video here). The previous World Record without counting myself was 3:50, by failurewarning. The best time on this site before my post was 3:40, by Slevanas.
- Own strategy.
Suggested weapons: Plasma Riffle, or any other strong weapon like SuperDragon, to be honest.
- This is, in my opinion, one of the most boring and luck-based levels in the entire game. Jack can ruin everything basically. Also I didn't find any particular timesaver for the level, although I found a tiny useful trick.
- The video is quite self-explanatory until the radar part. Just run as fast as you can, take down as many enemies on your way as you can, try to be unarmed as much time as you can, and pray for a fast and healthy Jack.
- I found a little trick for the radar part. I don't really know if it saves time or not, but it gives consistency in my opinion. Basically, when you are driving the hoverbike, if you hold LT (the aiming key), you suddenly stop moving, and then Jack is quite accurate. The rest of the level is straightforward.
MISSION 7: TRINITY | INFILTRATION
Info about the time: My record is 2:41 (10th October 2017, video here). The previous World Record was 2:42, by PDM (proven back then, video lost). The previous record on this site before my post was 2:58, by DoctorDave5001.
- Own strategy.
Suggested weapons: Jackal or Rocket Launcher. I used Jackal.
- This is probably the most troll level to speedrun on Perfect Dark Zero, since every time you complete the mission it looks like a completely different level, different Dr Caroll location, different open/locked doors, etc.
- Be sure to read the RNG manipulation guide. There are comments about this mission there.
- First of all, manipulate the RNG in order to get the best RNG case. On other levels the difference can be of a couple seconds. Here it can be of like a whole minute or even more if you don't know what to do with bad RNG, so it's completely necessary for ILs, and highly recommended for full-game speedruns.
- For the brothers fight, at first the Plasma Riffle might seem like the best weapon, right? It's quite deadly, it shoots fast, it has infinite ammo... Well, in this level it's actually a bad option! Jackal and Rocket Launcher insta-kill them on Agent, giving you a 4-6 seconds fight!
- When running to the lift, you will be shot by 3 "randomly located" snipers (for each RNG RNG case, they will always be in the same locations). I think the fastest way to do this is to just run unarmed and ignore them. The chances of being killed are low, and using the Viblade is just slow.
- Now, here comes a tricky part. As soon as a camera sees you, 3 shielded guards appear in the spiral ramp on your way to Dr Caroll, and 3 more guards will spawn right before Dr Caroll's laboratory, in the ending, and also, every guard in the zone will be alerted and waiting for you, or chasing you, and they will for sure shoot at you and hit you. So you really want to avoid being seen by the camera that is located near the entrance of the big room. Just copy what I do and it won't see you. The rest of the level is straightforward. I think you can give Dr Caroll little pushes while he runs, but I don't really think it saves time at all. In my run it seemed to actually make me lose time.
MISSION 8: TRINITY | ESCAPE
Info about the time: My record is 3:42 (3rd November 2017, video here). The previous World Record was 3:46, by myself (31st October 2017, video here). The previous World Record without counting myself was 3:52, by DoctorDave5001 and Slevanas. The best time on this site before my post was 3:51, by both DoctorDave5001 and Slevanas.
- Own strategy.
Suggested weapons: Whatever. I used the SuperDragon.
- This level is long and boring. Also, sometimes you will fail because of Jonathan dying.
- Be sure to bring the Datathief with you, since downloading Zeigler's program by yourself is near 20 seconds faster than letting Jonathan do it.
- The level is very straightforward. Just run using the same route as me, and try to be unarmed as much as possible, because you run faster that way. Also, in order to use the final lift, every living CI member must be inside, so in order to get the fastest possible time, you have to hope for Jonathan to survive, while the 2 blue CI agents die. In the ending you will get shot most of the times, I think it's just luck based.
MISSION 9: JUNGLE | STORM
Info about the time: My record is 2:44 (27th October 2017, video here). The previous World Record was 2:56, by both PDM (proven back then, video lost) and myself (I didn't upload the video, since I got 2:44 just minutes after). The best time on this site before my post was 2:56, by DoctorDave5001.
- I used PDM's glitch, and own strat for the rest of the level.
Suggested weapons: Viblade.
- I will only include here comments about the glitched strat. To know how to complete this level glitchless watch [DoctorDave5001's 3:52 video](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi_NJiIMWAo) for example, it's self-explanatory, I think.
- PDM discovered that you can ignore the first objective and just run to the end and the mission will still complete. While you are playing the level, it will tell you that the mission has failed, and in the end there is no cinema, but if you pay attention, after reaching the end, the game allows you to play the Next Mission, and also it saves your time if it's your highest score (yes, it does, believe me about that), so the mission is definitely completed. This can be done on SA as well. I haven't played it on PA or DA yet here. The problem with this strat is that as soon as you exit the last hut and you fail the objective, the mission won't let you do any action that involves the A button, so you can't cover, you can't use ladders, and most importantly, you cant use the jetpack, which would be the fastest possible ending, but it really is still worth it on Agent and SA.
- Be careful in the area of the jetpack. The guys on jetpacks and the guy with the Hawk on the bridge like to destroy you. I recommend using the viblade's shield. A trick is that switching to unarmed and back to the viblade charges it fully and you can use the shield again much faster than if you waited for it to actually charge.
MISSION 10: TEMPLE | SURVEILLANCE
Info about the time using the OoB glitch: My record is 0:59 (31st October 2017, video here). The previous World Record was 1:00, by myself (I didn't post the video to YouTube since I got the 0:59 just some minutes after). The previous World Record without counting myself was 1:20, by Adam Miller (video proof available on YouTube). The best time on this site before my post was 1:16, by DoctorDave5001.
Info about the glitchless time: My record is 2:27 (6th November 2017, [). The previous World Record was 2:28, by PDM (proven back then, video lost). The best time on this site before my post was 2:38, by Slevanas.
- OoB glitch based on Adam Miller's run, own strat for the ending. On the glitchless run, own strategy.
Suggested weapons: Psychosis gun, Multimine, SuperDragon (the Psychosis is only used to get the OoB glitch).
- I will only write stuff about how to beat the level using the OoB glitch. If you want to beat it glitchless, the level is quite straightforward, just watch my 2:27 video as an example of how to do it. A couple of comments, though:
1) You can roll on the floor traps, you don't need to crouch to get past them.
2) The camspy can reach the lift's base going through the middle, you don't need to go all the way around the room.
- Be sure to read my OoB glitches guide before trying this level.
- Be sure to read the RNG manipulation guide for Agent, there are a few comments about this mission.
- First of all, manipulate the RNG if needed (I recommend to do so).
- Start the level and get to the corner where I glitch without alerting the guards. You can roll on the floor trap, you don't need to crouch to get past it.
- Do the OoB glitch. Once you have done it, most of the times you just need to turn right and walk forward and hopefully you will end on the ground floor (sometimes you don't). Rolling is useful to avoid getting harmed due to the fall. As soon as you get close enough to the white thing on the lift's base, the objective will complete. Start throwing a couple of mines in the area where I do it.
- After the cinema, apparently you can avoid this by covering in the perfect moment, but normally Joanna will just teleport to where she is meant to be at that point.
- Now you have to kill the phantoms. They are 8 in total, and they spawn in groups (I feel like they spawn 2, then 3 and then 3, but I'm not really sure...), and most of them, if not all, spawn in the opposite part of the room as where you are right now, so start by getting there. I highly recommend using mines and SuperDragon here, since explosions can kill more than 1 at a time. I recommend leaving 2 mines for the last group of phantoms, and throw one at the corner and one in the middle of the corridor, and as soon as they spawn, start throwing grenades until all of them are dead. One of the last phantoms spawns at random positions apparently, but most spawn always in the same spot, and all of them always spawn in the same exact moment in every run, the timing is not luck based.
MISSION 11: OUTPOST | RESCUE
Info about the time: My record is 1:43 (1st November 2017, [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrLtUXQHeQk]video here](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEOw8wL1BlY[/url)). The previous World Record was 1:46, by myself (30th October 2017, video here). The previous World Record without counting myself was 2:04, by DoctorDave5001 and Slevanas. The best time on this site before my post was 1:54, by DoctorDave5001.
- Own strategy, making use of ShavedThrone10's amazing trick to skip rescuing the CI squad.
Suggested weapons: Viblade, Multimine, any strong backup weapon like SuperDragon (I didn't use any).
- The World Record using the OoB glitch is 2:09, by Adam Miller (video proof in YouTube). The glitchless World Record is 2:54, by DoctorDave5001.
- This strat makes use of a trick to skip a part of the level.
- This level is very straightforward. The fastest route is the one I use, I think.
- The door trick is as simple as this: you have to activate both buttons, one after another, in very quick succession. The trick is not 100% consistent, sometimes for some reason the game won't let you press A on those buttons and you will have to restart. Also, you have to be precise and quick, which is difficult when so many guards are shooting at you.
- While in the streets, I recommend to use the Viblade's shield to protect you from as many shots as you can.
- For the final fight, mines are super effective, as long as you do hit her. Just a few of them are enough to kill Mayhem.
MISSION 12: BRIDGE | ASSAULT
Info about the time: My record is 3:50 (12th November 2017, video here). The previous World Record was 3:55, by Slevanas. The best time on this site before my post was 3:55, by Slevanas.
- Own strategy.
Suggested weapons: SuperDragon, Multimine and Viblade.
- This is another level where your time depends on the speed of an A.I. character.
- There are 3 possible routes right after the very beginning:
1) Going left, through the building. This is the shortest route in distance, but there are too many enemies, and Jonathan gets distracted, making this route inconsistent, and slow in the end.
2) Going right. This is the longest route in distance, and also seems to be the slowest one of all 3.
3) Going straight, like in my run. This is the second shortest in distance, but it happens to be the fastest in the end, because Jonathan here is somehow fast and consistent.
- There are 2 possible routes right after the bridge:
1) Going right. This is some seconds slower.
2) Going left. This is the fast one.
- Start the level running already. I killed the guys in jetpacks using a mine, since Jonathan seemed a bit faster when they were killed.
- Use the route I use in my video. Be sure of killing as many guards on your way as you can, as that will increase the chances of having a fast Jonathan.
- When you are about to go down the big stairs, be sure to kill not only the Rocket Launcher guy, but also the guard next to him. Also, you want to take down the 3 guards that you will find later inside the building (at least the 2 outter ones. In my run I failed to kill the 3rd one).
- Jonathan likes to sometimes suddenly stop moving for minutes and ruining your runs, but it seems to me that if you are relatively close to him, he will run.
- When you meet Carrington, you might notice that I punch him. When you hit him, he stops speaking. I think it saves a bit of time, I need to check it. I found that by accident and I've been doing it ever since without checking if it saves time or not.
- Through the bridge, use the Viblade's shield when you need it. I don't know faster ways to do this unfortunately, you just can't avoid getting hit a ton of times. There is a zipline above that you can access to if you bring the Locktopus, but don't do it on Agent, as it's much slower than just going across the bridge.
MISSION 13: ARENA | SHOWDOWN
Info about the time: My record is 0:43 (1st November 2017, video here). The previous World Record was 0:44, by Fal. The best time on this site before my post was 0:46, by DoctorDave5001.
- Own strategy.
Suggested weapons: SuperDragon and Viblade.
- This is the most luck-based level to speedrun in the entire game, and it can be quite annoying to retry and retry and retry until you get a fast Zhang-Li.
- Basically, Zhang-Li will jump from platform to platform, and each time he will decide to either throw plasma balls at you, to get his health up, or to throw a big pillar at you. It seems that when he throws a big pillar at you, most of the times he will then jump to your surface, and you have to get advantage of that when it happens and kill him with the Viblade. You can use the Viblade in groups of 3 hits, no need to just do one at a time. To get my time, you want Zhang-Li to go with you after the very first jump, and it's just that, retrying over and over until you get lucky.
Update to leaderboards
Fastest version for loadings?
All unpatched glitches disscussion
All unpatched glitches