TL;DR - Rule Changes:
- Leaderboards will change timing method to IGT (added up after each stage)
ALL TIMES WE BE REVIEWED AND IGT ADDED.
Since there are new runners learning the game and submitting runs already (or in the future), i was doing some calculations on how to adjust the leaderboards.
As a mod and active runner of this game, was in a struggle of making changes.
1. Make Emulator runs separated from Console runs
2. Add a specific amount of time to Emulator runs
3. Use the In-Game Timer (or IGT for short) after each stage and add it up after the run
So now, every run will be re-timed to In-Game Timer or IGT.
This is due to those inconsistent loading times the PS2 has versus the emulator.
While skillmammu's run is faster by 13 seconds RTA, PandaBURRR's run is 1 minute 19 seconds and 23 milliseconds faster on overall IGT.
This makes PandaBURRR's run faster IGT, but slower RTA due to the loading times in the sheet.
A detailed video will be released on this (don't worry, it takes a lot of work, but those times are precisely done to each frame.)
Where does this leave us right now?
Emulators are still allowed on the normal leaderboards.
This makes us not dividing the runs into 2 categories and makes times as fast, as you are on each stages, without worrying of getting a console and playing on it.
- Categories in general will not longer have "Normal Stats"
Reason: Slow, and nobody runs it actually. Also losing a stage will now make the run invalid. See below.
- Since IGT is a new timing method, taking a LOSS during a run, will be counted as invalid. Runs now have to be completed without losing a single stage. (especially counts for Normal and Hard difficulty)
Reason: You could basically lose a fight during a run and still get WR after countless tries. Resetting a fight all over again is not a way to go in a speedrun. So if you take a LOSS, it's a reset.
I know these are a lot of changes, but i've took my days off to actually make them as good and competitive as possible for everyone. Not having PS2 Console and PCSX2 Emulator separated, was my goal, and with the IGT we can do this.
It means a lot of work to do for me as a mod, but also it secures the most accurate runs of this game !
Thank you for reading !