Kommentare
Wisconsin, USARazorflame6 years ago

As of 4/20/20, the following changes have been made:

50 Levels No Reset and 100 Levels No Reset have had their rules changed to remove the "continue system" that they used to have and make it purely about execution. If you make more than 1 mistake on any level during either of these runs, you will have to do a new run.

The reason for this change is because there is too much potential for abuse with the old rule system.

Furthermore, as of 4/20/20, all of the rules have had general game rules removed and consolidated into the "Game Rules" section of the rules, and every category has had the "All game rules apply" added to their rules. What this means is that all of the current game rules must be followed for every category.

One final thing: 100 Infinite Levels has been marked as Miscellaneous.

Thread: Tetris (NES)
Wisconsin, USARazorflame6 years ago

Thanks again for the information! It is greatly appreciated!

Thread: Tetris (NES)
Wisconsin, USARazorflame6 years ago

That now means that such a category on this site is no longer necessary as there is already one available. Thanks for the information @vandweller!

Thread: Tetris (NES)
Wisconsin, USARazorflame6 years ago

@vandweller You are welcome!

Thread: DemonCrawl
Wisconsin, USARazorflame6 years ago

Any changes in the rules from now on will go in this thread. Please make sure to look at this thread for more information about rule changes in the future!

fxcl gefällt das.
Thread: Globesweeper
Wisconsin, USARazorflame6 years ago

Now that I've figured out how to do it, every mine density finally has it's own subcategory, so when you submit the run, you will have to select the type of run you did as well as the mine density.

Cheers!

Wisconsin, USARazorflame6 years ago

This thread will be where all of the rule changes for this game will be posted.

As of 4/10/20, having a timer shown on screen in no longer required.

Thread: Globesweeper
Wisconsin, USARazorflame6 years ago

As of 4/10/2020, it is no longer required to have a timer shown on screen.

Thread: Tetris (NES)
Wisconsin, USARazorflame6 years ago

Yeah, but I know of several people that also like trying to get there fast, too. I just figured that since it's an option, it might be a decent category to run at some point for some people :)

What would really help is if this thread got advertised and then we could get a list of people that would be interested in running it or if anyone else has any ideas on how to ask runners of this game that would be interested in it to voice their interest to gauge whether or not it would be a good idea, would be appreciated :)

Thread: Tetris (NES)
Wisconsin, USARazorflame6 years ago

Yeah, it would probably be a good idea to re-use the variables from the main 100 lines category as well if this does get added.

Thread: Tetris (NES)
Wisconsin, USARazorflame6 years ago

Ok, I've been mulling over this for a while, and I think it would be a very interesting idea to add a category called either Maxout or Max Points, or 999,999 points. Again, this would have to be separated into NTSC and PAL, but I think that there would be more than enough interest in category that it could become a very competitive category.

Another category that could be added under Misc. would be Level 19 Start Maxout or the other variations that I provided above.

Maxouts are very prevalent throughout Classic NES history, and I think it would be very interesting and fun to have a category for it, and I believe CTWC has a competition for who can max out on Level 19, though I may be confusing this with their competition for who can score the most points from a Level 19 start.

Anyways, with that being said, I think there would be more than enough interest in these new categories.

I would like other peoples' input on this idea, though. Thanks for reading!

Omar, AriesFireTiger, und death_taxes_n64 gefällt das.
Thread: Tetris (NES)
Wisconsin, USARazorflame6 years ago

@AriesFireTiger Unfortunately, since I'm just a verifier, I cannot add this, but I will contact death_taxes_n64 and discuss it with him on Discord.

Wisconsin, USARazorflame6 years ago

I will stream my attempts live when I play. I will use Bizhawk. Thank you for the information.

Wisconsin, USARazorflame6 years ago

I wasn't planning on running it yet, but I do want to learn it in the future. I would want to try Glitchless% and Glitchless 100% (even though there's no category for it). As for which version of the game I would want to run, I think my computer would be able to handle either the PS or PS2 version of the game.

Thanks for the information, though. I will keep this in mind for later.

Wisconsin, USARazorflame6 years ago

No, I don't use Bizhawk. I'm not able to do that because the last times I tried, it wouldn't show the window correctly every time I tried it.

Wisconsin, USARazorflame6 years ago

I know the rules say that showing the emulator window + border is strongly recommended, but if I cannot do so, can I still submit?

Thanks :)

Thread: Tetris (NES)
Wisconsin, USARazorflame6 years ago

I would be for adding this category since there already seems to be a precedent for running this category already. I think it might be better to call it Level 0-19 as that is what CTWC calles it. I also think it should not be a main category, but rather a miscellaneous category and there would have to be separate categories for NTSC and PAL. Before it is added, though, I would need more input from the other moderators, and would need them to add it as I cannot myself.

Omar, death_taxes_n64, und AriesFireTiger gefällt das.
Wisconsin, USARazorflame6 years ago

I don't believe either of these categories are required. 0-10 is already a perfectly good entry point and while I don't agree with the inclusion of 0-15 on the GB game, I don't think it is necessary here.

Thread: Tetris (NES)
Wisconsin, USARazorflame6 years ago

As per the replies, I will go ahead and reach out to the runner and see if they want their run on the leaderboard. When/if they reply, I will do what they want.

Thanks everyone for participating in this discussion! I will let you know what the outcome is!

Thread: Tetris (NES)
Wisconsin, USARazorflame6 years ago

The problem with doing this is that people might look at it and say, "this person got an exception to the rule, why can't I?" That's the only problem with keeping it on the leaderboards.

Razorflame Informationen
My pronouns are he/him/it. Speedrunner of many puzzle games.
Beigetreten
7 years ago
Online
5 months ago
Läufe
370
Gespielte Spiele
Globesweeper
Globesweeper
Letzter Durchlauf 4 years ago
82
Läufe
Pokémon Puzzle Challenge
Pokémon Puzzle Challenge
Letzter Durchlauf 4 years ago
59
Läufe
Tetris Attack
Tetris Attack
Letzter Durchlauf 7 months ago
36
Läufe
Dr. Mario Online Rx
Dr. Mario Online Rx
Letzter Durchlauf 3 years ago
31
Läufe
Panel de Pon
Panel de Pon
Letzter Durchlauf 4 years ago
30
Läufe
Pokémon Puzzle League
Pokémon Puzzle League
Letzter Durchlauf 4 years ago
21
Läufe
Nintendo Puzzle Collection (Panel de Pon)
Nintendo Puzzle Collection (Panel de Pon)
Letzter Durchlauf 6 years ago
18
Läufe
Dr. Mario (GB)
Dr. Mario (GB)
Letzter Durchlauf 6 years ago
15
Läufe
Beobachtete Spiele
Populous
Populous
Letzter Besuch 3 years ago
1
Besuch
Tetris (Game Boy)
Tetris (Game Boy)
Letzter Besuch 1 year ago
101
Besuche
Tetris (NES)
Tetris (NES)
Letzter Besuch 2 years ago
1,059
Besuche
Metroid (NES)
Metroid (NES)
Letzter Besuch 5 years ago
52
Besuche
Dr. Mario & Puzzle League
Dr. Mario & Puzzle League
Letzter Besuch 3 years ago
114
Besuche
Dungeon Hearts
Dungeon Hearts
Letzter Besuch 4 years ago
362
Besuche
Dr. Mario Online Rx
Dr. Mario Online Rx
Letzter Besuch 1 year ago
508
Besuche
Hexcells Infinite
Hexcells Infinite
Letzter Besuch 7 months ago
1,066
Besuche
Moderierte Spiele
Globesweeper
Globesweeper
Letzte Aktion 2 years ago
187
Aktionen
Tetris (NES)
Tetris (NES)
Letzte Aktion 2 years ago
152
Aktionen
Hexcells Infinite
Hexcells Infinite
Letzte Aktion 4 years ago
69
Aktionen
DemonCrawl
DemonCrawl
Letzte Aktion 3 years ago
44
Aktionen
Dr. Mario Online Rx
Dr. Mario Online Rx
Letzte Aktion 3 years ago
40
Aktionen
Dungeon Hearts
Dungeon Hearts
Letzte Aktion 5 years ago
9
Aktionen
Puzzle Patrol
Puzzle Patrol
Letzte Aktion 3 years ago
6
Aktionen