Final Split Timing Inconsistency
7 years ago
Scotland

After noticing how long my own final split was taking to trigger, I checked out a fair few runs to see how long it typically takes and have listed mine, Draqu, Distortion, and Xerian's most recent runs from the boards to show some comparison.

My last hit on Evie: 1:38:09 Final IGT: 1:38:41 Duration: 32 seconds Link:

Draq's last hit on Evie: 1:38:43 Final IGT: 1:38:56 Duration: 13 seconds Link:

Dist's last hit on Evie: 1:30:15 Final IGT: 1:30:53 Duration: 38 seconds Link:

Xer's final hit on Evie: 1:30:22 Final IGT: 1:31:00 Duration: 38 seconds Link:

Not much of a level playing field when I'm saving 6 seconds over Dist and Xer, and Draq is saving 25.

The only vague solution I can think of at this time is to split manually for the final hit on Evie, then remove the waiting duration from the sheet IGT when submitting. Then again, that's not very accurate and has the potential to cause more verification hassle.

Thoughts?

Bearbeitet von der Autor 7 years ago
Florida, USA

It splits when the weapon is removed from your inventory, plain and simple. That's also when the game timer stops running. Besides which, final time is based off IGT, not split time.

Scotland

The real issue here is the disparity between the length of time each player spends waiting for the game itself to flag as finished.

We had a similar problem in Bloodborne, with blackscreens after the final boss counting towards IGT that could last 5 seconds or over a minute at random.

Edit: Unless you're saying the actual IGT is getting out whack by differing degrees through the run, and depending on how far out of sync it is from Livesplit the final split will take shorter or longer to 'catch up'? O.o

United Kingdom

Well there's a couple possibilities:

1. Coincidence
  2. Old version of the script that did not work optimally, possibly.
  3. The IGT is bugged in some way.

Draq and Meczeoro's timer are both incredibly close to their actual IGT shown in the results screen (Draq's was 40ms off minimum, and Mec's was spot-on), yet Draq's timer stops far earlier than the TC's. Neither player used retries either, so there is no confusion to be had over whether or not the timer desynchronised because of a retry.

The script itself isn't the actual IGT, Toast has even said this himself I believe. It's just an RTA timer that's been altered to function as if it were the IGT of this game and to autosplit. The problem mainly, looking at the above... is that if we can't rely on the script itself to read the time accurately (using the example above, of two players under identical positions gameplay wise getting widely different results from the timer) and we have no other way of constantly identifying and keeping track of the actual IGT at all times then whether there is an issue with it, or whether it's working as intended to begin with, is not known.

United Kingdom

Though, it is worth noting both your IGT and RTA results were both roughly 15 seconds apart, exactly the same as your IGT differences.

Florida, USA

Okay so the thing about RE7 (that wasted a bunch of my time) is that the IGT doesn't work like the rest in the series. It basically detects the time since the last pause or hitting the results screen and adds the difference in seconds to the IGT. Previous entries just had an incremental timer. That's why it's impossible to sync into RE7's IGT (at least right now with ASL) as there isn't a value to sync in directly.

Liv is partially right. The timer isn't the game time, however, if you don't do any retries you'll find the LiveSplit timer and IGT will be nearly identical. However, most runners are retrying to save time/get speed increases such as in the guest house. And that's where my script can't possibly detect when the IGT starts rolling, because as I said before in a previous post, the IGT starts a few seconds on loading a game EARLY without giving LiveSplit any indication it's done so. So the IGT will be "ahead" of LiveSplits time.

So it's not an IGT timer, it's just real time with load removal. If you don't retry (where the IGT starts a few seconds early with no way for my script to know when) you'll find the two will only be a couple of seconds off at worst, usually very near 1:1.

So judging this time off their splits is scientifically incorrect in the first place. You would have to whip out a timer and count how long it takes yourself.

Florida, USA

Upon reviewing this thread more it looks like Draq is quite clearly not using the autosplitter.... He's manually splitting which is why there's a "disparity". So no, there's no difference in when the game time actually stops between players.

Draq's not using the autosplitter or utilizing load removal (which pauses the LiveSplit time for several seconds over the course of a run) then he turns around and splits several seconds early. So it ends up being a coincidence on Draq's end that the times match up (LiveSplit and IGT).

Problem solved, no actual disparity.

Plakue und ItsTheWykydtron gefällt das.
Spielstatistiken
Follower
Läufe
Spieler
Neueste Threads
Veröffentlicht 2 years ago
Veröffentlicht 3 months ago
4 Antworten
Veröffentlicht 5 months ago