FAQs
5 years ago
Antarctica

What about Multiple instances of the same game? Like this guy https://www.speedrun.com/Yukai_Elevator/runs/y9de29em

Is that allowed? If it is - i could beat most of the games "All endings" WR much much more easily

Valhalla

each game would add its own time I'd imagine. so if you had 4 instances you'd like 4x the time. however most boards likely have this banned by default or have separate categories for this. you should ask the mod for whatever game you want to play though.

Russia
Alex_Great
She/Her, They/Them
11 months ago

Do the links to threads not work anymore or smth? There are no threads from user "speedrunning"...

Somerset, England

@Alex_Great they do work, just SRC updated its link formats with a site redesign a few years ago. Meaning that really old links now might not work, although they did implement redirects.

What link are you trying to access? And I'll send you the corrected link

Russia
Alex_Great
She/Her, They/Them
11 months ago

@YUMmy_Bacon5 I'm trying to see these linked threads from the first message in this thread, but they all lead to the same empty user:

https://www.speedrun.com/speedrunning/thread/hl23s

https://www.speedrun.com/speedrunning/thread/0o81n/1#fk33b

https://www.speedrun.com/speedrunning/thread/9h49f

Somerset, England

@Alex_Great here are the updated links. If you compare those links to how the forum links look now, you can just change what format they're in

  1. https://www.speedrun.com/forums/speedrunning/hl23s

  2. https://www.speedrun.com/posts/fk33b

  3. https://www.speedrun.com/forums/speedrunning/9h49f

Also @Sizzyl you should update the links in your post.

And for people in the UK, Imgur no longer works due to the Online Safey Act, meaning I cannot view the images.

Using SRC's own image upload system would be better

Bearbeitet von der Autor 11 months ago
Alex_Great gefällt das.
Valhalla

why does imgur not work in the UK lol that's crazy stuff, also what links?

Somerset, England

@Sizzyl oh it's actually due to children's data protection, that they might have been fined by the Information Commissioner's Office. Here's an article about it https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c4gzxv5gy3qo

And I mean the links mentioned here from @Alex_Great . I think they can be found in your post somewhere.

Valhalla

i forgot the UK is pushing that whole "you need an ID to use the internet" thing, that's real annoying.

As for updating links, I was waiting to update the post on the whole until I get a response to my support ticket I made 7 months ago asking what formatting they use now since they swapped away from markdown (still has no response). Did you manage to figure out how any of it works now? Like can we make section headers and the like anymore or is it just raw text posting now?

Somerset, England

@Sizzyl I think I might have already said this to you when you've asked before?

And you sadly aren't going to get an answer from support hub, as depending on what category you've submitted it to, you probably aren't going to get a response.

But the formatting is quite simple lol. Basically, if there's a button at the top of the editor to do it, then that's what you can do. There's not too many hidden features created by SRC, other than what you can do in Markdown.

Internally, the site uses Markdown with react-markdown to format everything. And headings do exist, they've just been turned off on form posts for some reason lol. Bold text could be used instead? Or text inside of a code block for it to stand out more.

Gelöscht
gefällt das.
Valhalla

bold text is a solid idea, also you probably responded to me but then I didn't see it. i'm only on here around 1-2 times a month nowadays so I miss quite a lot between logins lol.

YUMmy_Bacon5 gefällt das.
Valhalla

just sat down and changed the headers to bold text

YUMmy_Bacon5 gefällt das.
China

thanks

Sizzyl gefällt das.
Taiwan

for submitting games, can i use runs that are done by other people?

Sizzyl gefällt das.
Valhalla

you likely can, but if it's a game you'd want why wouldn't you run it yourself?