new runner
2 years ago
Utah, USA

Hey all,

Picked this up because I loved Klonoa as a kid, and a plat trophy isn't enough for me, so I'm thinking of making this my first speed game. I don't really know much about glitches, and this game seems to work differently than previous versions, so some of the glitches I've seen watching runs I'm not sure apply here. Wondering if starting with glitchless runs is a good point of entry here? Or if anyone has any other advice?

Also, is there a discord? I've heard it referenced but can't find a link.

Finland

For discord there should be discord icon under the green follow button next to the game tittle.

验证者amoser
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
2 years ago

Whether to start with a glitchless run or not is pretty much completely up to you. Some people prefer to start that way and other people like to start by learning skips first, and it doesn't really seem to make any difference in the long run (unless you get bored and want quit altogether, in which case I recommend switching categories before that point).

One thing to consider with this particular game is that it's new enough that skips you learn now might eventually turn out to be irrelevant when new things are discovered, but that will almost certainly apply to some degree with any potential glitchless category as well.

If you're not aware, this game is much, much more closely related to the Wii Klonoa than the original PlayStation version. A lot of the movement quirks (most of them even) carry over directly from that version. A lot of skips from the Wii version that make use of things have been disabled in the Phantasy Reverie series with invisible walls, so even there a lot of the tricks don't really carry over completely.

Most of the glitches in the original PlayStation version don't apply at all in a direct sense, although a lot of them are similar in spirit and effect to stuff in both the Wii version and this one.

France

And for the Lunatea's Veil remaster, its physics are very much like the original PS2 game, and most tricks and skips are carried over from there. Surprisingly enough.

If this is your first speedrunning experience, I suggest taking it easy by doing runs where you don't learn any skips for now. Where you try to press on through the game. Getting familiar with the levels and bosses. Then, you may desire to switch out to what you find most fun : running on other difficulties, using skips...

编辑者 作者 2 years ago
Utah, USA

thanks for the replies and all the help in the discord!

游戏统计
粉丝
记录
玩家
最新新闻
Bobbykaze stepping down, NeilLegend as moderator

Bobbykaze will sadly be leaving us.

For the time when he was active, barely anyone else could match his wisdom.

Unfortunately, fate had other plans, and he just couldn’t get to do anything with us and Klonoa anymore.

Thank you for your time with us. Our moments were rare, but very enjoyable.

F

1 month ago
最新话题
发布于 3 months ago
132 回复
发布于 2 years ago
发布于 1 year ago
1 回复
发布于 1 year ago
1 回复
发布于 2 years ago
2 回复