category ideas
1 year ago
Argentina

why not add: coke% The use of the "Skip Intro" checkbox is allowed The run ends by getting a stack of petroleum coke in the inventory

HardDrive% The use of the "Skip Intro" checkbox is allowed The run ends by getting all 95 hard drives

container% The use of the "Skip Intro" checkbox is allowed The run ends by filling a small container with any material

death% The use of the "Skip Intro" checkbox is allowed The run ends when the death sound is played

statue% The use of the "Skip Intro" checkbox is allowed The run ends by buying the lizzard doggo statue from the AWESOME shop

Gsudi curtiram isso
United States

Novelty runs are encouraged and fun, however the general rule of thumb has been not to add categories until people are actually doing them or we will wind up with a bunch of novelty categories with zero interest or participation. See discussion around adding HUB%: https://www.speedrun.com/satisfactory/thread/jl5aw

If you want to drum up interest, I recommend actually doing these runs and posting them in the speedrun discord to generate discussion :)

As for the categories themselves, some thoughts:

coke% This is just 2Package% + Build 2 refineries?

HardDrive% Can only be done when seasonal events are active due to the advent calendar being necessary

Container% Sounds kind of novel, but also pointless? Instead of buying parts for a milestone you're just buying them to fill up a box; 24 coupons would satisfy this run and we already get that many for all major categories.

Death% Escape > Respawn. 1 second menu traversal speedruns seem kind of pointless

Statue% Similar to the golden nut % that we've been talking about and that would be a more significant achievement :)

Solo_the_amoeba curtiram isso
United States

I also want to emphasize that this leaderboard should not be a 100% representation of what you can and cannot run. I do a lot of novelty runs that don't fit into any of these categories for fun, and if that's the goal then I encourage you to do the same. However, flooding a community of this size with leaderboards for them all would be overwhelming for new people and not add much.

Solo_the_amoeba curtiram isso
United States

(major) Glitchless pretty much has to be a separate category from any% because of how different the times are

United States

NMG and Glitched are separated by a filter right now so that you can see the top runs for both types. We do not have any plans to duplicate every category because when Update 8 comes out the 007 glitch will be fixed and runs will likely no longer warrant that kind of distinction until something else is discovered.

Estatísticas do jogo
Seguidores
Corridas
Jogadores
Últimos tópicos
Postado 10 months ago
4 respostas
Postado 1 year ago
3 respostas
Postado 1 year ago
2 respostas
Postado 1 year ago