Turbo Rule in any%
1 year ago
Baden-Württemberg, Germany

Dear Geohounds,

Recently, the Topic of allowing Turbo functions in Grandia 2 was brought up and I consider this to be a reasonable discussion to have.

7-8 years ago, Turbo wasn't really considered too much, since there was a general mindset of "nothing that original hardware doesn't allow". As far as I am aware, neither Dreamcast nor PS2 had a default turbo function, so that kind of thinking was very valid. However, the "basic stance" on something should be questioned regularly, to make sure that it is still correct.

As far as I am aware, a Turbo function would mostly benefit from skipping dialogue during that run. Personally, I don't consider mashing through textboxes during a long run a "speedrun skill", that needs to be compared with other runners.

The only section that I could imagine where Turbo might make a difference is the Armwrestling minigame, and even that is something you will win by default during any% runs. There are currently no 100% runs, so I don't see a point in taking into account an empty category for the current rules. Should there ever be any interest in 100% runs, then I am sure that we can adjust the rules further in a fair way for that category.

Long story short, I am in favor of allowing Turbo functions for Grandia 2 speedruns.

KufL curtiram isso
England

For the purpose of text-mashing in long RPGs such as this one I think it's a no-brainer, the presence of the Armwrestling minigame does complicate matters slightly, but more a more nuanced rule can be made if there's a need for it. In the context of text-mashing alone, I don't think any value is added to the run by requiring runners to mash for most of their day.

Estatísticas do jogo
Seguidores
Corridas
Jogadores
Últimos tópicos
Postado 1 year ago
1 resposta
Postado 4 years ago
2 respostas
Postado 7 years ago
1 resposta
Moderadores