Any% WR Bounty Announcement
1 year ago
Richmond, VA, USA

Hi all,

I’d like to ring in the new year in a special way for the SMB community. With that in mind, I’m placing a bounty on the NTSC Any% world record. Important details below:

From Jan 4th-10th: A bounty of $454.XX is available for the first person to achieve a new Any% WR.

If no person claims the bounty during the first week, it’ll be reduced by $100 for each subsequent week.

Jan 11th-17th: $354.XX Jan 18th-24th: $254.XX Jan 25th-31st: $154.XX (conclusion)

All attempts must be streamed live on Twitch. Stream title should include references to world record and the bounty to spread awareness to potential runners and viewers (Ex: “Any% WR Cash Bounty Attempts”). Run must be submitted and verified by the SMB moderation team at speedrun.com. Only the first person to have completed a new WR run will receive the bounty. Payout can be completed via Twitch gift subs or Venmo.

My hope is that this will be a fun way to prove your skills and to grow the SMB audience (Both for individual runners and the community at large). If you need to reach me, message me here or email me at vgcadet@gmail.com.

yelir64, TheNoSwearGuy, i alabastro1 podobało się to
Somerset, England

You could also post this in the Tournaments and Races forum

grnts, CyanWes, i Gaming_64 podobało się to
Texas, USA

I'd be interested if there wasn't a time limit on the bounty, and it stayed at $454. It seems WAY too unrealistic to give runners only a week to have a chance at winning the top prize, and only a month to receive any prize at all. Plus Twitch gift subs aren't a very good way of distributing the money, because either you have to pay us 2x the amount for us to receive the proper amount, or we're only getting half of the money. I'm sorry but for now this is a no from me

Edytowane przez autor 1 year ago
Texas, USA

Nebula_Composer, Gaster319 i 3 inne podobało się to
Richmond, VA, USA

@Nebula_Composer I’m unaware of what % of a Twitch gift sub goes to the content creator, that’s why I also included the option to receive the bounty via Venmo. I’m also open to another form of payment if it’s easier for the runner.

I had recently seen some streams of wr attempts from players in the top 25. The bounty was just meant as a fun extra incentive for them and anyone else interested. I understand that it’ll take significant effort and respect your choice to not pursue it if you’d rather not at this time.

Texas, USA

@VGCadet Only about 50% of the money from a gift sub goes to the content creator, that's why it's not the best way to distribute the prize money. Yes while it is true that we have a few people who are either grinding for the WR right now or are very interested in going for it, the odds of a new WR happening within the next week are nearly 0, plus I feel adding a time limit to the prize in general just adds unnecessary stress to the runners. I understand that this is just a fun incentive, I feel that it's just too unrealistic for even top runners, it would be better if there was no time limit for the prize at all.

Québec

The problem with SMB1 Any% is that only 3 people have a realistic chance at getting WR in under a month. It's not like SM64 where there can be time saves literally anywhere if you have better movement. Here we have like 35 frames to save and 21 of them are in 4-2 using a trick that only 1 or 2 runners can claim to be consistent at. The other 14 frames are from a better already good 8-4 after an already insane run.

SMB1 Any% is also really not THAT fun to run and is basically "robot training". We don't force ourselves to do runs if we're not in the mood 'cause considering the amount of tricks required, most people aren't able to focus enough to do well when they don't have motivation/fun running (and this is speaking from experience)

Niftski could maybe get WR if he was motivated, Miniland is busy with school for a while so he won't run, Nebula is in the same situation as Niftski and other runners probably wouldn't be able to get WR in less than a month (not shitting on anyone but if you wanna prove me wrong go ahead lmao). So it's basically a 2 runners race and that's if they are motivated enough to run a really not motivating category

Cool to see people getting involved like that in our community but I don't think setting up limited time bounties in a "Chase the Record' way works well in SMB1.

yelir64 to się podoba
Scotland

money

Aryll i Sluggy podobało się to

Really cool idea! I can't get it though since I can't even beat the game at all :) xD

Washington, USA
yelir64
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
1 year ago

very unrealistic to expect a wr within a month, but maybe I guess we'll have to see

Statystyki gry
Obserwujący
Przebiegi
Gracze
Najnowsze wiadomości
Requirements for High-Level Any% Runs

Any% (NTSC) runs below 4:57.000 must now fulfill additional requirements in order to be verified.

• The run's full session must be included in the submission description.
  • For emulator runs below 4:57.000, some form of input display must be visible for the duration of the run. A hand-cam or input
5 months ago
Najnowsze wątki
Opublikowano 5 months ago
games:thread_reply_count
Opublikowano 8 months ago
Opublikowano 2 years ago
Opublikowano 3 years ago
Opublikowano 5 years ago
1 odpowiedź