Cracking down on Proof
7 years ago
Minnesota, USA

Hello speedrunners!

With the introduction of PS4 and XboxOne versions, we've been getting a lot of new runners who aren't yet familiar with the submission process. I've been regularly rejecting many runs lately and I think it is time to make it clear what will be accepted or rejected here.

The following are the submission guidelines, please carefully review:

1. Platform Type When you choose your "Platform Type," please note if you are running Xbox 360, PS3, XboxOne, PS4, or any Wii version, this counts as HD Console. PS2 and Gamecube runs should be listed as SD Console and PC versions will be listed as PC.

2. Frame Rate If you submit a run that is played on HD or SD Console, do not choose a frame rate. Please simply leave it blank or "-". Frame rate is only used to distinguish runs on the PC version, utilizing 30fps, 60fps, or both 30 and 60fps.

3. Proof and Timing If your run is in 1st place for that category, you will need FULL VIDEO proof, whether that is uploaded on YouTube, available on Twitch, or another site. Other runs that are 2nd place or slower, only require picture proof. I however, highly encourage you to submit full video proof. The proof requirements have been extremely lenient and can be made extremely strict if abuse occurs.

Having said that, many people have asked how to submit picture proof. It's as simple as uploading the proof to another site such as Imgur, which will provide a link for you to use in lieu of the Video Proof.

You will need 2 pictures. The first picture needs to be of the In-Game timer at the end of the run. This is the same screen that includes your total deaths and accuracy. The second picture needs to be of the save file in the typewriter (so we can verify both the difficulty you're playing on and whether you are on NG or NG+).

Back to frame rate. If a run is using both 30 and 60fps, it requires video proof no matter what. The same goes for ALL Assignment Ada runs.

1. Video Proof Please HIGHLIGHT your VOD submission. If I'm seeing multiple attempts in your video, you're not highlighting it properly. The same goes for dead time, I've been seeing many video submissions with hours of time before, after, and even in between the run. I can't emphasize enough how much this needs to happen. If you are doing a New Game+ run, please include the typewriter at the beginning of the run where you would have selected a load file.

2. Modified Inventory It goes without saying that if you are using a cheated inventory, your run will be rejected. For example, a NG+ PC run featuring an inventory that has a 999 stack of flash grenades. Or guns that have been modified to have a higher ammo count, higher firepower, etc.

3. Miscellaneous A lot of runners are also streamers and YouTubers, have fun but please do not have any sort of overlay, image, or camera obscuring the final In-Game time.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know and we can work together to clear up any further issues.

-Love, Sleep

Edytowane przez autor 5 years ago
United States

My Seperate Ways NG+ speedrun for RE4 on xbox one is broken up into six videos on twitch; one for each chapter besides chapter 4 which is broken into two videos due to a well placed typewriter (just after making it through the battle ship). On top of not knowing how to send the vids in with my submission im not sure if or how badly useing saves/loads will affect my real game time in comparison to the 24:45 in game time i finished with. I understand real game time will be used for determing the speed of my speedrun but i didnt and dont know how to time my run accurately with real game time. I apoligize for my ignorance on the subject but i feel the quickest way to become knowledgeable (on this subject) is to ask the people who know what there doing. I spent roughly 3 hours to get the 24:45 time but countless hours learning enemy movements, ways to manipulate those movements, granade throws, and quick kills for boss fights. I really want to have my time on here lol any an all help will be greatly appriciated.

Minnesota, USA

RExChase, I looked at your VODs again and there are still a couple of things you need to understand:

1. Separate Ways NG+ is a category that utilizes in-game time on this leaderboard (so you don't have to worry about timing it).
  2. Your 24:45 run is considered to be segmented, which isn't allowed on this leaderboard.
  3. Your 25:21 run IS single segment however. If you submit that VOD as video proof, it will be accepted using your in-game time.

I understand it can get confusing. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask. I hope this helps.

United States

Thanks. I'm pretty sure I have it figured out now!

Sleepwalker_92 to się podoba
United States

Hey Sleep a recent run of mine was put in the wrong category. I'm not sure if I mislabeled it or if it was a simple mistake from a mod but either way I just want it to be put in the right spot. My HD console no merchant run was not done on pro. I played on normal difficulty. Thanks in advance for any help!!

Statystyki gry
Obserwujący
Przebiegi
Gracze
Najnowsze wiadomości
Submission time limits rule removal

. On top of that, offtopic, clearly rude and/or jokey replies on the rules forum post have been deleted. This post will remain locked for a while until things calm down.

Any

1 year ago
Najnowsze wątki
Opublikowano 1 year ago
games:thread_reply_count
Opublikowano 1 month ago
1 odpowiedź
Opublikowano 5 months ago
games:thread_reply_count
Opublikowano 8 months ago
1 odpowiedź
Opublikowano 1 year ago