PlayStation 3 run
1 year ago
Germany
VANCANTORUS
He/Him, They/Them
1 year ago

Would a run be verifiable if it were played on the PlayStation 3? The game has a different name on the ps3 then on pc, so I wanted to know if it would be ok.

United States

Good question, what about the Xbox 360 version too? PS3/X360 emulation allowed?

Opolskie, Poland
Moderatorh3oCharles
He/Him, They/Them
1 year ago

series mod here, are you talking about this game? https://worms.fandom.com/wiki/Worms_2:_Armageddon cuz if so, that'd warrant a different leaderboard hmu when you complete a run

Bewerkt door de auteur 1 year ago
Portugal

Every information I find about Worms 2: Armageddon says it is the same game as Reloaded, with the latter being just a port of the former. I have no idea why the names are different or if there are any actual differences, but if it's the same game entirely it can be included in this board, as all the other worms games with ports do the same. Though it is also valid to make a new game listing entirely since it is probably confusing for "Worms 2: Armageddon" players to have to look at the "Worms: Reloaded" game board.

VANCANTORUS vinden dit leuk
Poland

It could be probably named in the same way Worms 4: Mayhem / Worms Ultimate Mayhem is. Regarding the differences between the versions, Ninja Rope physics appear different in the favor of the PS players. There are some Time Attack speedruns played on PS published on YT that seem way out of the scope for the PC players.

Opolskie, Poland
Moderatorh3oCharles
He/Him, They/Them
1 year ago

afaik content in the two games are different, try watching casual runs of the two campaigns, for example

Opolskie, Poland
Moderatorh3oCharles
He/Him, They/Them
1 year ago

ok, this might actually need further research, cuz some stuff overlaps, but some doesn't

Canada

I can't speak to the physics but I was in the top 100 on the Xbox 360 leaderboards a decade ago and started playing the game again on PC recently. There weren't noticeable changes between the platforms in my experience.

The only major difference I noticed is the lack of the community pack as far as DLC is concerned.

That being said, I can't be certain that the minor differences in versions wouldn't affect timing especially when it comes to ninja rope physics, etc.

Worms 2 on mobile is a completely different game though it borrows many of the same elements.

Opolskie, Poland
Moderatorh3oCharles
He/Him, They/Them
1 year ago

to answer the initial question of:

Would a run be verifiable if it were played on the PlayStation 3?

It should be, and when we really see an actual completed run, only then the questions would answer themselves

VANCANTORUS en DENMAR vindt dit leuk
Canada

I agree with that. The only way to know the temperature of the pool is to stick your foot into it.

Are the verifiers willing to let us try on different versions to figure it out?

Germany
VANCANTORUS
He/Him, They/Them
1 year ago

I want to try to do a run on a PS3, i just dont have a good way to record the screen, but thanks for all the answers

Opolskie, Poland
Moderatorh3oCharles
He/Him, They/Them
1 year ago

update regarding this - with a run completed by @VANCANTORUS, we came to a consensus to make a platform subcategory. GGs on the run!