Jumping issue
2 years ago
United States

Anyone else have a problem with jumping? I feel like i have to spam and get lucky just for Cole to jump and its costing me a lot of practice in doing skips.

Modificato da l'autore 2 years ago
Argentina

Yes, the jump mechanic is related to the fps, if the game plays above 60 fps the jumping mechanic breaks, that's the reason why it's capped, the problem that you say is that it's hard to jump on slopes or small areas. For some reason when you play above 50 fps you loose "grip" and it's much harder to jump, try playing at 50 fps capping it with Nvidia panel or rivatuner. If it's useful if you play at 10 fps or below, you jump a little bit higher, very useful for the moon landing skip.

MagVII piace questo
United States

im trying to use nvidia panel to limit the frame rate to 50 but im not noticing a difference

Argentina

I started testing some jumps and slopes with 60 and later on 50, 45, etc using riva tuner and the nvidia panel, I think that you could be right because I don't have a definitive proof of improving. I saw this problem in pc gaming wiki (https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Area_51_(2005)#High_frame_rate_breaks_jump_physics) and changed it to 50 fps with riva tuner and I though that my jumps had improved. I'm going to do more tests later, if you solve the problem or you need something else make a post.

United States

YOOOOOOOO I JUST DID THE ONE GIANT LEAP FOR MANKIND SKIP ON 50FPS

Modificato da l'autore 2 years ago
SDeimos piace questo
Canada
Super moderatoreMommySciku
Any/All, She/Her
2 years ago

59 FPS should be fine for jumping.

Nvidia control panel > Max Frames > 59 FPS or less Riva Tuner > Cap to 59 FPS FRAPS > Cap to 59 FPS or Toggle on and off

I'm not entirely sure yet if lower FPS makes you jump higher, I haven't had the time to do tests as of late.

SDeimos piace questo
Statistiche del gioco
Follower
Runs
Giocatori
Discussioni recenti
Pubblicato 7 months ago
0 risposte
Pubblicato 8 months ago
1 risposta
Pubblicato 2 years ago
0 risposte