Inconsistencies in the TC ingame timer (PC version only I think)
3 years ago
Sweden

Hello everyone!

I noticed an inconsistency in the TC ingame timer (PC version only I think).

This discrepancy only affects the virus boss fight. My end level message states that I finished him in 03:08, but this is untrue as my actual time killing him is 01:11 (measured from the moment I get control, to the level end credits showing up).

I believe the game is erroneously trying to combine the previous level time of 01:50 with 01:11 (which is 03:01) to get the virus kill time. However its not quite accurate compared to the 03:08 end level message that we end up getting. And to be honest, I’m not entirely sure why it’s trying to combine the two times into one. The PS1 version of TC interestingly enough calculates the level times correctly. My assumption is that the devs fixed it during the porting process.

Of course I’ve checked all the other levels for any further irregularities, and I’ve not managed to find any. The only other noteworthy thing would be how the game measures the “Beyond time” levels.

Beyond time: Level 1. The timer works as normal during this parkour level. Level 2. The timer starts at the "red bear" boss and only stops after having killed the "blue alien" boss and freeing the woman (the end level message pops up here, so the timer also stops here). Its just that ALL the inbetween cutscenes and the "green demon" boss fight etc; is included within this level timer. So its more or less like normal—just slightly unintuitive/confusing on what’s actually being included—and where things starts/stops.

Just wanted to share this info.

के द्वारा संपादित लेखक 3 years ago
Sweden

Hello everyone again!

I've gotten slightly paranoid after having found that time discrepancy in my previous post. And rather than being lazy/complacent about it I’ve decided to manually time my WR run. In doing so I also made a simple excel document that automatically tallies up your times. See the “Resource page” on here for it. The excel document also explains what markers to look for when timing your run.

The in-game level timers (the message that pops up after you complete a level) is still useful for us during regular speedruns (it’s still semi-accurate). Its just not accurate enough for us when needing to calculate the real in-game times. Thus, I figured I should try and mend it now rather than wait for it to become an issue down the line.

के द्वारा संपादित लेखक 3 years ago
गेम विवरण
फॉलोअर्स
दौड़
खिलाड़ियों
हाल की दौड़ें
ताज़ा धागे
पोस्ट किया गया 8 months ago
0 जवाब
पोस्ट किया गया 3 years ago
0 जवाब
पोस्ट किया गया 3 years ago