Odd input-eating quesiton.
8 months ago

Hey there! So sometimes there are instances in this game where in my heart, I know I'm pressing jump and it feels as if the game just eats my input. This usually happens after I'm landing for a jump, or sometimes close to the edge of a platform or ledge. The best way I can describe it is that it feels like Mikey can only jump during certain frames of his walk animation. It's probably my own error, but I was wondering if anyone else has felt this phenomenon or if there was a technical explanation for it. Thanks!

Netherlands

Hey! I've fiddled around with some TAS tools so I can at least give an input on part of this question :)

As far as I know, Mikey can jump during all frames of his walk animation. However, I believe there are three frames between the A press and seeing Mikey actually jump. This may explain why it happens for you after landing or right at a ledge (even if you press when Mikey is at the very end of the platform, the actual jump will happen later). Of course, there might be some other things at play here that I don't know of yet! It's certainly worth looking into more.

ThatPunk_MachRider इसे पसंद करता है

Hey Zephis! Ah ok so 3 frames between A press and jump huh? I'll have to keep that in mind. I wonder if I can sorta pre-emptively press A in certain situations and buffer into a perfect jump when I immediately land. I'll keep those 3 frames in mind moving forward!

I'm no TASer, but a few years ago I messed around and built a TAS that was supposed to be part of a series I was working on, TASing games while using Game Genie codes, in a way to sort of prove what would be possible if you were on an actual console with a Game Genie (maximum of 3 lines of code and all). I whipped this little thing together in a day to show a different possible route for Any% if you were to use super speed and mega jump. It wasn't meant to be a prolific piece of work or nothing, more just a goof to show off an otherwise impossible route lol. I also forgot to grab an extra key along the way and had to spend some time at the end to get one lol.

Was a fun TAS nevertheless, and I learned a few things about the games' mechanics that I take into my RTA runs today. Hope you enjoy!

गेम विवरण
फॉलोअर्स
दौड़
खिलाड़ियों
हाल की दौड़ें
ताज़ा धागे
पोस्ट किया गया 8 months ago
2 जवाब
पोस्ट किया गया 8 months ago
10 जवाब
पोस्ट किया गया 1 year ago
11 जवाब