Separate PC and PS4 versions
1 year ago
Russia

PS4 version has a lot differences compared to PC version: -Minor Level design changes -Player walking speed -Alternate shot timer has no limits, which allows to spam alter shots like crazy, when on PC you need to hold button for some time -Bosses and Enemies changed their behavior and some of them dies a lot faster on PS4 version etc.

They are just much too different.

Me, as a runner of PC version for many years, is now unable to match with PS4 version runners because of that differences.

I'm asking for separation of PC and PS4 versions into separate categories

Hamilton, ON, Canada

Why don't you just run the ps4 verison then?.

Russia

Because ps4 version release after 8 years from pc version.

United States

If there happens to be substantial differences between the Steam/PC version with the Switch; PS4, Xbox versions, it would make sense for a separate category.

However, Super Cyborg is a very niche game, so there’s not much info at the moment, regarding differences. If there’s some video demonstration to have some sense of clarity, that would be helpful

AlphaNerd इसे पसंद करता है
Canada

If you're truly the best at the game then you're gonna prove it no matter what system you're playing it on. 2-time WR holder here 🥇🥇 😎🤠

United States

One thing that was noticeable, that at least from what I know, you can’t restart a level with the Steam/PC version-maybe it needs to be updated? I know with the console versions, at least with the Switch, you can restart a level

I need to give it more tests, but I did play the first boss on the Steam/PC version, and it seemed to take more cycles to take down the boss. I can’t verify this at the moment, cause was using a different controller. And again, video footage helps along the way. @Segaman, if you have a video demonstration to show some of the differences you pointed out, that would be a good start for the discussion

के द्वारा संपादित लेखक 1 year ago
Russia

Alright, discussion started and someone spotted some strange difference, need a comparison video between PC and PS4. And what about Nintendo Switch and Xbox One version?

And was no mentions before, like patch notes or something like that, if it really happened that way, we only see a significant difference between different versions, and it was all hidden

Russia

all any suggestions are welcome to improve speedrun page

Wisconsin, USA

I took a look, comparing GameT1tan's Low% Easy run (PS4), vs me playing on PC. The PS4 run could fire off 5-6 alternate weapon blasts per second, while I was only able to get about 2 per second. maybe 2.5/second at best. I think the PS4 Any% Easy run is able to get even more shots a second, but its hard to tell because of how the spread shot looks. It was easier to compare on Low% difficulty.

It took 14 power blasts to kill the Level 1 boss in both versions, so the boss HP at least seems the same between versions (I only looked at the first boss...others may be different). However, the first boss's vulnerable cycle is only 6 seconds long, so while the PS4 run is able to easily get a 1 cycle kill (even running away, jumping, and missing some shots), even a perfectly executed cycle on PC wouldn't be able to kill the boss in 1 cycle with low% power shots.

Given that it seems like PS4 players can get about 2-3x damage on the power shot compared to PC based on being able to spam it, seems like the board should be split by console. It would be good to understand how the Xbox/Switch versions operate comparatively.

It also does seem like the PS4 version has slightly higher movement speed. I compared a set distance in the second level running down the hallway, and the PS4 was a few frames faster getting to the same spot.

Orlando, FL, USA

I just bought the switch version, the charge shot can be spammed just like ps4...

United States

It’s good that this is being discussed. I was looking to start running the game myself-also other new runners could be on the horizon as well. So, its good to know about differences between PC/steam, and console versions. Maybe give this discussion some more time before deciding if it’s best to create a separate category.

के द्वारा संपादित लेखक 1 year ago
AlphaNerd इसे पसंद करता है
Russia

agreed, need time for this, then, need to make a decision

Orlando, FL, USA

The console version actually uses a different engine (Unity). I reached out to the developers about a possible patch to the steam version and they said there's no way to implement the console version to steam.

Hamilton, ON, Canada

Of the runners who have submitted runs how many are ps4? Iam and I know mazin power is as well.

Orlando, FL, USA

I would submit a single runner on console, but am planning on using net play to submit a co op run here shortly.

Russia

Platforms now are splitted for all categories. Happy New 2023 Year

JaekRock इसे पसंद करता है
गेम विवरण
फॉलोअर्स
दौड़
खिलाड़ियों
ताज़ा समाचार
Split categories

Happy New 2023 Year, and I came with the news.

First of all, a couple month ago, there was a discussion, how the console version of the game was significantly different from the PC version of the game.

Here is the list of changes between PC & Consoles: -Minor Level design changes -Player w

1 year ago
ताज़ा धागे
पोस्ट किया गया 1 year ago
0 जवाब
पोस्ट किया गया 1 year ago
15 जवाब
मॉडरेटर्स