Should diagonal movement count as a glitch?
1 year ago
Western Australia, Australia

To reiterate, diagonal movement refers to walking diagonally by holding 2 movement keys. This isn't properly accounted for in the movement engine, leading to the player character moving faster than intended by doing so. We are uncertain as to whether or not it should count as a glitch, as while it is an unintended mechanic, it is technically set up to function this way.

United States

no

MrT8Bit les gusta esto

I'm torn, because the majority vote in the Discord is for 'yes', but everyone else I've asked has said no. My main concern is that if it counts for glitchless%, then there's no real motivation to do any% runs since there are no glitches worth utilising, unless someone decides to do pizza skip and purposefully make their run longer just to get a WR in that category anyway.

Okay, this topic has died down, but for clarification for the future, diagonal sprinting will NOT count as a glitch. That being said, the any% category will still be available on the off-chance that a new glitch is discovered, and even if no new glitches are discovered, you can still achieve an any% run by taking the pizza and using the pizza skip if you wish to run that specific category.

Quick update here, using the ShiftT skip, any% is now a feasible category again without it being an outright time loss.

Estadísticas del juego
Seguidores
Partidas
Jugadores
Últimas noticias
Start time changed!

I know not everyone reads or is inside the Fears to Fathom Discord, so I wanted to inform you of these changes. If you aren't aware it was decided to change when the timer begins, this doesn't change old runs; they will remain the same.

The new start time is written as so: Change the start time

11 months ago
Últimos hilos
Publicado 10 months ago
4 respuestas
Publicado 1 year ago
1 respuesta