I made a thing
Germany

I managed to modify the game files to enable unlimited jumping and dashing, which basicly means you can fly. Should they be added as resources, so runners can use them to explore/find routes/something else ? I made it so that when using the files your scores dont get submitted to the leaderboard, so no one can use that for cheating. I havent run the game yet, but i still think it could be usefull, or at least interesting.

Valhalla

Yeah I think you could add it as a resource under tools for anyone that wants to practice their megajumps and anything else anyone else wants to practice, I'm not too concerned personally with it affecting the in-game leaderboards as some people have already cheated it anyways

Bearbeitet von der Autor 7 years ago
Germany

i cant add it, because i never submitted a run ^^ Should i post a download link?

United States

I would tell Tron that you are going to make a run that he can just plainly deny so you can make a resource.

Germany

I am not sure, but i think it needs to be accepted. oh well, i guess i can record myself taking ages to beat the first level and submit that.

Valhalla

Oh I'm sorry I had no idea resources worked that way lol, just submit anything in speedrun mode or something and I'll verify it then add the resource

Valhalla

or you can post a download link and I'll add it, whichever, but I'm about to be on my way to work so it might be quicker for you to submit something random for me to verify then you upload the resource

United States

http://imgur.com/a/7c3jf

Edit to this post: I am editing this so that no one will mess with this glitch, I have also given tcd11 what was wrong xD Sorry world. We now know how GenericSkid got 3:26 though RIP me.

Valhalla

Ahhhhh we found the culprit!! I haven't gotten to use it yet and was curious how fast it made you go and such, now we gotta find genericskid and give him a stern headshake of disapproval, that's a shame too I wanted to make that into a modded category if it really didn't affect the leaderboards but seeing that it would then promoting the use of it while making everyone's PBs unreasonably quick just for the sake of a speed run would be a douchey thing to do to everyone else that runs the game in general and want to get good times

United States

http://imgur.com/a/7a5EI

Also, it makes you pretty fast, as I was able to beat the fall in a sub 28, beta centauri in a sub 11, gamma lyrae sub 8, etc. Think you get what I am saying. GenericSkid doesn't have an account, but he does on steam, I am going to message him even though it is hypocritical of me since I got a lower time than he did and can't erase it.

Valhalla

Ehh, I don't think there's any reason to message him as that run he did for that was actually a year ago I remember, maybe even longer ago because it was from when I first started this game, plus he can't take the run down or anything of that nature.. I think I'm gonna take down that resource as I don't want anyone abusing it now that I know what it is capable of and that it saves on leaderboards

Germany

sorry, when i tested it it didnt submit anything :( I patched that by now with the help of Nrrillinthas, but i think somoene else should test that too before i try to resubmit the ressource, i dont want to hurt the ingame leaderboard.

Valhalla

Someone can test it with one of the speed run levels like alpha or beta or something to make sure and then once we know it won't affect leaderboards we can add it back

United States

Okay, tested all the levels, I have found nothing. One thing minor flaw is in story mode and speedrun story mode, you can't go onto the next level, but it should be fine since you can still explore all the levels in speedrun mode.

Tron_Javolta gefällt das.
Valhalla

Lets get that upload back up there then, I'm eager to try it once I get the chance

Germany

ressource is uploaded

Tron_Javolta gefällt das.
Spielstatistiken
Follower
Läufe
Spieler
Neueste Threads
Veröffentlicht 6 years ago
41 Antworten
Veröffentlicht 6 years ago
2 Antworten