New possible speedrun
7 years ago
Iowa, USA

Since I'm not super big on the 'get dqed' meme, but I'm going to at least try it once on the PS2.

Any consideration for a new speedrun catergory to win and/or defend your brand's main title Main Title at Mania?

I was thinking win your main brand's title but people would just jump in with someone and get the shot at the first ppv or something.

تم التحرير بواسطة الكاتب 7 years ago
Italy

Yeah i'd be up for something like good ending%, but i think that's the only viable category, and still on a theoretical sense you could just get dq'd all the way to the Rumble and still get it.

Coming up with a non abusable category for this game is kinda difficult, but it can be done if there's real interest in it, it would be a little arbitrary, but it would be less of a meme still.

Tommyspud المعجبون بهذا
Iowa, USA

Yeah, maybe you could tie it to the SP or something as well? Make it so that you have to have a minimum SP for the run to be legit?

Then again with so many different guys on different sps... it's hard to notice.

Italy

Yeah a minimum SP level would still be abusable because of high tiered guys unfortunately, at that point it'd turn into a game of losing the most amount of matches possible without fucking the run up.

Maybe something like winning all the titles in one run and getting a good ending would work, you'd still lose some matches intentionally but it would feel more....necessary?

Tommyspud المعجبون بهذا
Iowa, USA

That sounds good to me, running through and getting all the titles. Though do you include the Cruiserweight Title with that, or do you just keep it the generic Triple Crown?

I'd assume good ending would also require winning KOTR.

But then you gotta ask, what would be a set good ending, just defending the main title or what?

Italy

Good ending is not getting the Coach cutscene about not having a match at WrestleMania in my opinion, is KOTR even in the game's season mode?

This will require a lot, a lot of routing lmao

And uh, about the Cruiser thing, well it would make sense, and cut down the cheesy parts of the run a lot, because all the cruisers start pretty low SP wise, so you'd have to win a whole lot.

The only thing that i'm almost sure will end up in the final route for this is the movie storyline where you skip a few months, not too, too sure how to trigger it or when though.

Iowa, USA

I made a mistake and thought of KOTR in SYM on accident.

That's another game I want to run but it's not listed here.

Unsure how to trigger the movie cutscene as well.

Italy

I'd like to run SYM, but when i think about it the game would end up being extremely long, its two years long and most storylines are outside of your control.

Iowa, USA

Yeah, then you have to discuss the route or whatever.

Could still do a rumble run on it though.

That reminds me, what difficulty are you guys going with for the rumble runs here?

Italy

"Complete the 'Royal Rumble' match as fast as possible. Timing begins upon selecting 'Play' and ends upon the start of the celebration screen. Timing method '00.000' is preferred."

Nobody's really done a Rumble run yet, i might do it if somebody else does it, but i'm fairly certain its super rng heavy.

Iowa, USA

I'll run it tomorrow on Easy. Obvious strat I'll be starting at #1 and going for quick eliminations. Probably simple throw out gut kick stuff.

Doing it without CAWs also.

Rumble Entrances in HCTP aren't as crazy in RNG as you'd think(IE, Lesnar/Goldberg/HHH seem favored to enter at specific spots), but in ring stuff, yeah.

Italy

Alright good luck dude

Iowa, USA

It took 10 attempts, but I got something great.

From #1 to #30, submitted it and everything.

Only thing I think you could improve, time-wise was the ending since I never had 6 in the ring so the timer just ticked down almost continuously, you know?

Iowa, USA

Think I might have mistimed the run, I went with when last guy touched on the outside, might want to buffer me a ten seconds because of that, I timed the from time stop and its ~10 seconds till celebration starts.

I blame Fighting Game typical timing meta.

Italy

No worries, i'll fix the time, gg though, i'll give this a shot i suppose, 6 minutes ain't too bad.

Iowa, USA

RNG can get pretty rough, you can't let the ring fill, and you gotta hope that reversal trigger doesn't jump in.

I dropped 9 good runs because someone decided to reverse and I got tossed out, unable to counter the attack.

إحصائيات اللعبة
متابعون
جولات سريعة
اللاعبون
آخر المواضيع
نُشرت 3 years ago
games:thread_reply_count
نُشرت 1 year ago
نُشرت 1 year ago
نُشرت 1 year ago