Route & Strats
1 year ago
Hesse, Germany

So, as I put some time into this game, i decided to put in this thread some strats and the route. Maybe somebody will read this; and if you have improvements, please write them down here.

I will start with the starting monsters. What monster you get is random. Or at least I believe that; maybe it has something to do with the name and in which order you talk to the npcs. There are six in total: Two good ones, two normal ones, two shit ones. The good ones are: The komodo, it has good HP and ATT, and synthesises into a green dragon, which is immune to all breaths (multiple bosses use breaths). The other good one is the bad egg. It knows sizz, which is op during early game fights and levels quickly. The decent ones are the platypunk and the ghost. The platypunk has multihit, which is good for metal slime farming, but the skillset is trash. The ghost hast decent stats and has helm splitter at only 14 SP. The bad ones are the capsicum and the bag o‘laughs. The capsicum is slightly better: it atleast has okayish attack and attack boost. But its hard to level and has a shit other skillset. Rabble rouser is too inconsistent. The bag o‘laughs is shit, almost a reset. Fairly bad stats and useless skillsets. Only saving grace is a underwhelming trait and relatively good synthesis, being of the material families.

shano_wilson المعجبون بهذا

The current #1 spot has a beautiful strategy for DQMJ2P, but for the original, The best route is likely to get a gigantes and collect miracle mallet from the scout challenge. As long as the gigantes was synthed once, it can solo the rest of the game. I ran many challenges such as no synth, one mon, and even a combo of the two. Gigantes easily beats malevolynx and solitaire. As the run showcases, Gigantes gets an oomph from the snowmangler. genius, as snowmangler has early bird (at least in pro, unsure about original). A MAJOR flaw in the guy's run however was that he stopped for EXP farming. He had an amazing string of luck that landed him sub 3hrs, yet it wasn't anything that looked like it was a true speedrun. He obviously has advanced game experience and runs the game often, but there are hundreds of simple time savers missed. I will soon speedrun and upload myself. This seems like a lot of fun. Edit: Barracuda is the only accessible means of early bird throughout the run, and it just so happens hes good at oomphing. Also, Green Dragon and or Treeface would be leagues better than gigantes if equipping hammers is Possible. I should test these

تم التحرير بواسطة الكاتب 1 year ago
shano_wilson المعجبون بهذا

Spiked Hare + Brownie (Hammerhood + Nature) = Treeface. Treeface is a C rank that posseses steady recovery and while usimg brownie learns healing, buff, and slashes. a two step synth available from iceolation is definitely a viable route

shano_wilson و AnimeFanX11 تُحب هذا
Pennsylvania, USA

Sounds pretty neat. You stream anywhere or have a YT of your runs? ^ Would love to watch.

Hesse, Germany

I have a Submission but it hasn’t been approved yet

Hesse, Germany

I cba to find a quick synthesis to gigantes. Try speedrunning it. In the pro version everything is faster, and it seems to have stronger monsters. The normal version kinda sucks. You have to spend much time on the grind, just to get the monsters to level 10. It took like 6 hours in my run.

Hesse, Germany

Running this game isn't fun. Its a test to how sane you are. You are doing the same shit for 8 hours. When you play this game for so long, you miss a ton of timesaves. It is just normal. And until you find a consistent route to synthesize a gigantes in the normal version, you have to consistently improvise.

Pennsylvania, USA

Do you have notes/a guide?

What are you running on btw? Original or a certain emu?

Hesse, Germany

I have, if you want them, write me on discord. It was on melonDS, so emulator. I didn’t want to buy a DS and a capture card.

Do you want to run this game too?

Pennsylvania, USA

Probably not, 7h+ is too long for me, but I'd like to read them if that's okay with you. I used to love the game a lot and still do, but some of my excitement has waned over the years.

إحصائيات اللعبة
متابعون
جولات سريعة
اللاعبون
آخر المواضيع
نُشرت 1 year ago
games:thread_reply_count