Non-SM64 Music During Runs
3 years ago
United States

Hey all, I've been doing runs for a while, and I've almost always had other music playing in the background of my runs (but always making sure game audio was there). All of my runs have been verified, except one who said that because I had other audio, it would be accepted but labeled as unverified. Am I allowed to have music playing in the background during runs? Thanks!

P.S. If not, I'm sure I can find a way to only record the game audio and video in a seperate instance of OBS while streaming to ensure that game audio and video is clear.

Kimurazaki, KilleDragon, and MiPS like this
Switzerland

as long as you can clearly hear the in-game sound as well, this should be fine. and if you find a way to only record the game audio (which should not be too hard with obs) - even better!

Edited by the author 3 years ago
KilleDragon likes this
Faroe Islands

the reality of the situation is that we dont have an agreed way of dealing with these runs, so its up to each indidvidual moderator to decide what they want to do with music runs. some may be more forgiving and just accept like normal, others like myself will mark them as 'verified:no', but it will still be on the leaderboard and on your profile, its just a way for us to put an asterisk on it. if you want to be completely safe then record a seperate version with no music over it

KilleDragon likes this
Game stats
Followers
Runs
Players
Latest news
EMU/VC subcategories for Stage RTA

We would like to announce that VC and EMU subcategories are now active on the Stage RTA leaderboards (under "Levels"). Stage RTA involves collecting all the stars in a given stage including the 100 coin star. Timing starts on star select and ends upon collecting the final star. You are allowed to us

7 months ago
Latest threads
Posted 4 months ago
15 replies
Posted 4 years ago
5 replies
Posted 17 hours ago
822 replies
Posted 16 days ago
2 replies