Ruleset Discussion: Low Level Runs
2 years ago
Chiba, Japan

With the (relatively) recent revelation that 1HP Pacifist is impossible due to the Shaman room in stage 1, a call to modify the board has been brought up and I thought I'd put some stuff on the table to consider. In my personal view, since the not-New Game categories are fairly unpopular I really don't see this being tooooo much of a problem since the only people possibly looking at 1HP are like really big challenge seekers (and there are like no runs using 1HP). But if we want to do something, I have put together my ideas here.

Proposal: Status Quo 1 HP is incompatible with Pacifist Routing - All 1HP Pacifist submissions must be automatically rejected unless new tech is discovered. I'll add a line to the rules saying something like "Pacifist runs are impossible if done in 1HP mode, so don't bother" to keep thrill seekers off the board but largely there's nothing that really needs to be done.

While poking around the rules, I did come across a Low Level Boss Rush that was technically impossible to obtain outside of editing files. I did ask the runner how they did it, they confirmed this method, and while it's probably fine (in that it's a no-hit run) it's technically impossible to obtain so it should be probably be removed from the boards. But this does bring us to an interesting situation where we have to consider the low level boss rush category.

Proposal: Rule Changes Low Level Boss Rush - Remove the 100 XP line. The rest can be left alone, so long as the player is still level 4 with no gems and limited upgrades. This permits 1HP runs to make it through, they'll just have a little more than 100 EXP

In retrospect it may have been a little silly to require that you do a pacifist run since it's a low LEVEL run not a low EXP run. You do have some wiggle room between levels 4 and 5 with experience you can play with. So if we allow a Lvl 4 run with no gems, etc. to run the category, the experience shouldn't really change.

Proposal: Board Changes to all categories If we decide that we don't want to leave the board up as is, I could change it so that each run type is its own category. This results in each Full Game leaderboard having 5 sub-categories instead of 2 variables you combine to get 5 legal categories and 1 illegal category.

1. New Game
  2. New Game Pacifist
  3. ASD
  4. ASD Pacifist
  5. 1HP

Technically the not-New Game ones wouldbe relegated to misc. as usual so not much changes but it could theoretically make submitting a run easier since you now have only 1 variable to look at instead of 2 (but due to the popularity of pacifist, probably not that big of a problem)

Of course, feel free to comment any alternatives you think would be better.

Editado por el autor 2 years ago
Estadísticas del juego
Seguidores
Partidas
Jugadores
Últimas noticias
TLN Releases on Playstation! New Categories

With the release of Touhou Luna Nights on the PS4 and PS5. Some changes were made to those versions. These result in Teal skip being much more difficult to perform. It is unknown at this time whether or not the PC and Microsoft versions will also get this update. As a result, for the time being, se

4 months ago
Últimos hilos
Publicado 2 years ago
0 respuestas
Publicado 3 years ago
0 respuestas
Publicado 4 years ago
0 respuestas