Possible nes category for Console and PC
8 years ago
England

ok moderators i have an idea for a new category since PC got a new category " Door Skip" i would like to see the boards have a glitchless category that way no runner is on an uneven ground it will also be a good category to run in my opinion i would say the rules would be 1. no stair skating is allowed. obviously it is up to the mods to say if Quickshots are allowed or not .

i really believe this category should be allowed i know that a few other runners would be interested in this category but lets allow a discussion to take place.

England

also dont do a new thread from your phone or it may put nes instead of new OpieOP

Alsace, France

RE HD Remaster on NES Kreygasm

England

lol yeah dont make a thread from your phone stupid auto correct screwed up OpieOP

United States

Does this mean I can use my SNES pad for this game finally? PogChamp

I believe this was brought up by crazyboynph months ago during the whole analog stair skate discussion. I've done one race with Lileya and Growth doing this (along with no arrange controls which I wouldn't recommend being a rule for a category). That's like telling MMX runners you're not allowed to dash in your runs at all in this new category. Great for challenge, but not so much for a competitive environment. Adding limitations based on controls that are in the game is arbitrary for speedrunning.

That's not the case for this thread though. OpieOP I'm just bantering here, but my concerns about adding a glitchless category is activity, maintainence and validity of dubbing it glitchless. We added doorskip last year and the actual number of competitors was lower than expected. I would just hate to see another category added with very little player base involved in it.

You to have to take into account how people view glitch vs glitchless on this game. Stairskating is indeed an exploit as it is an unintended bug in the game that accelerates player movement. I can agree with that and understand why people dislike it. It becomes tedious. However, you'll have the side that's against abolishing it, because the time loss is less compared to where you can actually lose seconds or potentially drop a run. A lot of the runners on this game don't have the best mashing speed in the world, but are able to compensate for it in other areas they can excel at.

It's important how we validate glitchless for REmake and what sets it apart from a glitched run. Are there any glitches that can be utilized that bypasses an entire section in the game? If so, yes. To my knowledge I have yet to see a glitch that can be used to gain time aside from the bee hive skip which no one even goes for. And that's about as closest we can get to a classic RE glitch to date. There's only two exploits used at the moment, stairskating and quickshooting/shot canceling. Is that enough for us to draw a conclusion that a glitchless category is needed?

England

yeah you make a good point altria although it would be an interesting category obviously there would be a discussion as what exactly is classed as a glitch/exploit i think though that alot of runners are put off by the stair skating so if a " glitchless" category was made it may or may not increase runners on remaster but of course we need to discuss it with other runners and interested runners as well.

England

plus if stair skating is banned in the new possible category then more runners are on a level playing field so the pressure of stair skating speeds will be completely irrelevant to the run because a few people have said to me they wish they could run this game but they are put off by the stair skating and the quickshots but we need to see what other runners say first.

England

fair point but like i said earlier a few other runners would be interested in seeing this category added however alot of people are put off by the stair skating and quick shooting etc so allowing this category will possibly invite new runners and when they feel more comfortable with their progress then they could run the regular category that most are used to.

Québec

Agreed with everything AltriaAvalon and FurryWulfz have said so far.

游戏统计
粉丝
记录
玩家
最新新闻
Submissions

Please submit all Resident Evil HD Remaster runs to the new boards.

Console: Steam:

2 years ago
最新话题
发布于 2 years ago
28 回复
发布于 3 years ago
0 回复
发布于 1 year ago
2 回复