Hard Mode game modification
2 years ago
Minnesota, USA

I felt this was necessary since most of the game was too easy and bruteforce-able. I'm happy with how this affects gameplay, and progression feels more satisfying. → Misc. speedrun categories were added for this. [section=Applying Hard Mode] [center]Available within the autosplitter, using LiveSplit software. If you're new: RClick LiveSplit → Edit Splits → set Game Name → Activate → Settings. Simply check the relevant settings box to enable it. Works on any file. https://i.imgur.com/p6ZX1DI.png If you reopen the game, you need to reload splits or reactivate the script. Only for Steam 1.04 (current version)Script source[/center]

[section=Changes] The following Tonics always forced on (unless changed with optional settings): → Less CheckmatesRoll Even Faster (so it doesn't feel bad to play & more coins possible)Chameleon Colors (Press the B/Circle button to swap between 6 colors)Googly Eyes (enemies take an extra hit, but has a rare bug that hits you) If you have ideas to improve this mode, please suggest them.

• Checkpoint warping disabled • Always start at 1 HP without Laylee → Laylee abilities are returned in the overworld → No Laylee in the Lair, but bees still function → Tonics don't apply in the Lair or Pagie challenges • Laylee Bells disabled • Can't change tonics • Paywall costs modified to require ALL coins from available chapters. • Skipped Tutorial on new files by teleporting to the end. (now takes 31 seconds)

[section=Notes] Optional settings: • Harder: Replace Chameleon Colors with Spotlight. • Harder: Replace Chameleon Colors with Mirrored Mode. → May require reloading a level from the overworld if you were already in one.

The 6 Tonics unlocked through this mod won't appear in the overworld. Googly Eyes were disabled in chapter 17 due to a collision bug making it impossible. I ensured 100% completion was possible & have done it myself 🙂 → I've enabled slams at specific coordinate boxes within stages where required: • 1-2 Coin 3 • 2-1 Coin 2 • 2-1 Coin 3 Key • 3-1 Coin 2 • 4-1 Coin 2 • 4-2 Coin 1 • 5-1 Coin 5 • 7-2 Secret Exit • 10-1 Coin 2 Bomb • 11-2 Coin 5 (technically possible with a bomb from really far back) • 12-1 Coin 4 Bomb (technically possible with Coin 2 Bomb) • 13-1 Coin 2 • 14-2 Coin 3 • 16-1 Coin 1 Flower Box • 16-1 Coin 2 • 17-1 Coin 1 https://i.imgur.com/GiN4tDs.png

Worst case scenario the address pointers may break for some people, which would cause features to malfunction, in which case restarting the game may help (don't forget to reload the script after). Seems to be working great so far, though.

[section=Support my work ♥] (PayPal) https://streamlabs.com/cptbrian/tip You can also follow on Twitch & YouTube. Thanks in advance ♥

Edited by the author 1 year ago
Game stats
Followers
Runs
Players
Latest threads
Posted 2 years ago
0 replies
Posted 2 years ago
1 reply
Posted 3 years ago
1 reply