[HEADS UP] Centralizing Undertale Discussions
8 years ago
California, USA

BackSapper edit: We have a Discord server that a majority of the chat happens on now. New to the community and want to get some tips and tricks from us, or just want to chat and hang out? Drop on by! https://discord.me/UTSpeedRuns

We already have an SDA thread about this game: https://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post/undertale.html

Please use the SDA thread for spearheading ¤¤new¤¤ discoveries regarding the categories. If you are curious about old discoveries or need a better explanation on why certain strats are used, please post in a new thread here.

e.g. "I found a new potential glitch or exploit! Where should I post it?" - SDA. e.g. "I need explanations regarding this point in a Genocide run. Where should I post it?" - These Forums.

Any questions/concerns? Post below!

Georgia, USA

Hey Celestics, I've gotten this game recently and have been absolutely loving it! I've already beaten the game in True Pacifist mode and Neutral mode, and plan to do Genocide eventually. But for now, I want to learn to speedrun True Pacifist. However, I can't find out how to delete my saves (like the files of what I've done) on Mac, which is the laptop I have. Do you know how? And can you help me with that?

England

Jellobeaver I can't confirm it for myself because I don't own a Mac, but from searching around I found this:

~/Library/Application Support/com.tobyfox.undertale/

Your files should be there. Let me know if it helps!

Georgia, USA

Well, that sounds very good, yet unfortunately I have the navigation skills of Burgerpants and I can't find them. Do you know anyone who can help with that?

California, USA

Apologies for late reply. In any case, I'll have to redirect you towards the SDA thread linked above, because I don't know how to do this for Macs either. :[

Georgia, USA

Ah, ok sorry. I was hoping someone knew :P

Alabama, USA

New to speedrunning, here. ^ w ^

I was curious if anyone had a detailed list of Undyne's arrow attacks when you're doing the whole 'chase' through the entrance of the Hotlands.

She's my Achilles Heel at the moment. T n T

England

Hey SeriouslyRidiculous.

I looked around and couldn't find a list anywhere, but there are plenty of the videos of the fight on YouTube or Twitch and such which you could use as a reference point. Unless I'm wrong, there are a couple moves (usually towards the end of each phase) that are RNG that you'll just have to react to on the spot, but the rest are complete pattern-based so I'd advise practicing the fight for a little while and growing comfortable with them.

The only attack that I can remember off the top of my head is the last attack of phase 3 which is Left > Down > Right > Up (looped 3 times), so really I'd just recommend repeating the fight until you grow comfortable enough.

Best of luck! :)

Germany

Hey everyone, wanted to get into speedrunning this game after I'm done with moving. Got a simple question here, is it recommended to play with Keyboard or can you also get some good times by using a controller ? Just wanted to know which is the best possible solution.

California, USA

You lose wallhumping using a controller unless you rebind your controller buttons. That's not a huge issue though.

Mashing is another issue altogether. Some people prefer the 4-key mashing setup (Z+X, ENTER+SHIFT) but there are those that use controller buttons to mash. Both work fine; it just depends on what you are comfortable with. You can even use both!

That's pretty much it AFAIK.

Shu. likes this