Program for Notes while speedrunning
1 year ago
Texas, USA

I'm interested in doing some long speedruns, but I would like to have on my second monitor something like a power point presentation with information about my route that I can switch slides even when the program doesnt have focus like livesplit does. Even better if I could map this to a gamepad key.

Finland

there is a "speed guides live" livesplit component that lets you write notes for each split. its not exactly what you want but it should help. i dont remember where i got it but if you cant find it i can give it to you

happycamper_ och MagikBased gillar detta
Austria

For my notes I use "zim". It's a desktop wiki program. I can scroll my notes with it being inactive. But I also can scroll a google-doc when the browser isn't focused... I can bind (keyboard-)keys in zim for "next page" or similar commands. With another program like AntiMicroX I could map a controller-key for the keyboard-key. It's a workaround not a 1 program-solution. But tbh I don't think there is smth like that.

MagikBased tycker om detta
Valhalla

notepad, it comes free with your windows 10 install

M_CBL_ tycker om detta
Singapore

[quote=Sizzyl]notepad, it comes free with your windows 10 install[/quote] why note pad though... Lol. đŸ€Ł

but when you think about it... đŸ€”đŸ’­

Redigerad av författaren 1 year ago
Malaysia

Here's the link for the livesplit component that @SioN mentioned btw: https://www.nightgamedev.com/sgl

MagikBased, SioN, och happycamper_ gillar detta
United States

The tips there are like finding a secret stash of loot in a game—super valuable. From mics to cams, they got it all covered. Plus, the vibe is chill, making it easy to soak up info without feeling overwhelmed. Definitely bookmarking this for future reference.

As for my take, man, having a solid setup is crucial for streaming. It's like having the right tools for any job—you wouldn't wanna go into battle without your trusty sword, right? So, having top-notch gear can seriously level up your stream game. And hey, it's not just about flexing with fancy equipment; it's about giving your audience the best experience possible.