Platform rules questions
3 years ago

Hello, I have a query regarding the rules about running the game on different platforms. The game runs well on Linux through Wine, and I was wondering if this would be allowed for runs or not? I realise emulator runs are hidden from view, but Wine is specifically not an emulator but a compatibility layer, and so I wondered if this made any difference?

Failing that, would I be allowed to run the GameCube version of the game on a Wii, or would these runs be hidden as emulation too?

Thank you, and sorry if this information is available elsewhere, I did look!

United Kingdom

Linux through Wine is allowed for runs (and would not be counted as emulator), I'm not sure if it's necessarily recommended though as I've heard LiveSplit doesn't work in Wine? Would mean you can't time without loads which puts you at a small disadvantage.

Running the GameCube version on Wii is also completely allowed (my GC runs are on Wii :) ) and wouldn't be viewed as emulation. We mainly classify emulation as running the console version on PC through something like Dolphin.

rddwtw1 likes this

That's really helpful to know, thanks so much for the quick response!

Maryland, USA

To clarify on the LiveSplit Wine issue. I found that you can open LiveSplit through wine, but the autosplitter partially works (the timer starts as you would expect, but afterwords fails) and the load remover doesn't work at all. This is just my experience though, I might have missed something dumb.

Game stats
Followers
Runs
Players
Latest news
Audio Requirement REMOVAL

Hi all,

There will be NO AUDIO REQUIREMENT for submissions going forward. This is effective immediately after a community vote.

While not a requirement, we still strongly encourage console runners to include audio in their submissions. Runs that provide no audio may be subject to more scru

10 months ago
Latest threads
Posted 2 years ago
0 replies
Posted 4 years ago
10 replies
Posted 5 years ago
0 replies
Posted 5 years ago
0 replies
Posted 6 years ago
38 replies