I did some Tests:
Any Menu which stops NPCs from moving stops the In-Game Timer.
E.g. Main Menu, Character-Select, Mission Screen ... etc
If you see NPCs moving the timer is running:
E.g. While creating/managing ships
What do you think about changing the Rules to this:
"any%, no Cheats" Rules
- No Cheats allowed!
- If you find time-saving Glitches: go for it! (If needed we will add a glitch-less category later.)
- Deleting/Renaming Video-Folder to auto-skip and minimise Crashing is allowed and recommended!
- Editing Scrap.cfg and the language text-file is allowed.
- Manual Saving is allowed. (E.g. if you expect crashes on your System.)
- Loading newest Save is allowed after a Game crash.
- Loading newest Save is allowed if you saved and closed the Game, without doing anything in-game in between saving and closing, to take a break.
- The Time that counts is the time on the Auto-Save in the Area where you can start the Credits ("Happy End" or similar) after the Boss.
If submitting Real-Time for Splits comparison (recommended):
- See the Resources for a LiveSplit Splits-File template. (Optional)
- Timer starts when clicking on a Difficulty.
- Timer stops on the Autosave in the Area after the Boss where you can start the Credits.
- Pausing timer is allowed if the pause-menu is open/game is closed and therefore you are doing nothing in-game.