Early game courtyard zips
5 years ago
United Kingdom

Hi all,

After finally getting around to finishing the game I've been tempted to try speedrunning it :)

I'm having real trouble getting the zips into and out of the courtyard to work consistently (following the guide by tocaloni1 and catalyst). Does anyone have any extra tips for these? Everything else up to "I'll try and find a way in" is great, it's just these two giving me grief :P

European Union

Hey, glad you decided to learn speedrunning this game. Sadly, from your description there's not much I could tell you to help - but if you post a video of a failed attempt at those zips, then we can try to concretely help you out here. Also feel free to join our Prince of Persia speedrunning discord server (linked in the sidebar) as you'll reach more people there than on this forum and also you'll get quicker help.

United Kingdom

Thanks - I'll introduce myself in the discord in a sec.

Sorry about the lack of video. Here's a vod of some attempts to get into the courtyard:

1, 5, and 7 miss (though as far as I can tell they hit all of the actions - you can see the camera bob from the jump) 2 leaves prince stuck in the ground (though there's enough time to get all of the jump) 4 puts prince on the other side of the wall (and misses a load trigger?) 3 and 6 work, but the level doesn't load in after going to the ladder trigger

Best I can come up with is that I'm not resetting the camera to the right position, but I have no idea about the level no loading after the zip :S

I'm also beginning to wonder if the problems I had getting out of the courtyard had something to do with the level not loading for me to fall in to, but I'll focus on that more after getting some consistency into the courtyard.

Thanks for making the guide videos btw, they're awesome!

Edited by the author 5 years ago
7eraser7 and toca like this
United Kingdom

Spoiler alert for anyone having similar problems, I wasn't resetting the camera before doing the walk steps.

toca and 7eraser7 like this
Game stats
Followers
Runs
Players
Latest threads
Posted 2 years ago
0 replies
Posted 2 years ago
5 replies
Posted 5 years ago
0 replies