Is It Possible To Manipulate Cointoss?
4 years ago
Portugal

Is it possible to manipulate cointoss on BBG? Also why am I getting FPGs instead of BBGs?

Dolnośląskie, Poland
  1. No, it's not possible. That's why it's called "cointoss", because it's pure 50/50.

2. Your sub-pixel position is different, probably because you jumped too soon.

Oklahoma, USA

I thought fpg meant you were a frame too early (or was it too late?) my understanding is that if you get fpg, you did something wrong with inputs

Sidenote, wouldn't it be nice if 1-1 fpg were that easy? :) sure makes it simpler when you can bounce off a bullet.

Edytowane przez autor 4 years ago
Thelxinoe to się podoba
Texas, USA
WeryfikatorThelxinoe
He/Him, They/Them
4 years ago

@Darpey yeah if you get fpg it means you jumped early but won cointoss. at least im pretty sure.

Darpey to się podoba
Portugal

From what I have seen on my attempts I got FPG because I was one subpixel lower...? All my BBG attempts that got BBG seem to be a subpixel higher when they bounce off the bullet and the ones that got FPG seem to be a subpixel lower when they bounce off the bullet.

Antarctica

It is possible to manipulate cointoss if u are able to get past plant jump the exact same speed every time with 100% consistency and are able to jump on the exact same spot for bbg with 100% consistency But realistically for most ppl thats p. hard

Oklahoma, USA

@Th3Re4l - "[...] seem to be a subpixel higher when they bounce off the bullet and the ones that got FPG seem to be a subpixel lower [...] "

If it's visually higher or lower, wouldn't that mean it was a PIXEL higher/lower, rather than a SUB pixel?

My understanding is that subpixel is the continuous distance variable in the back end coding behind the integer of a pixel.

Lul_ecks_dee to się podoba

@Darpey It wouldn't be nice if you had to bounce off an enemy to do FPG in 1-1, I'm more consistent at FPG than BBG (30% vs 18%, no thank you) @darG It's not impossible to manipulate cointoss, you can have some sort of say in cointoss by being consistent in your inputs like zsjetu9 said. I once was more than 50% consistent at beating cointoss when I was going for 456, but now my consistency went a little oomfonninf, so I gotta get back to 8-2 pracc.

zsjetu9 i darG podobało się to
United States

Assuming you jump from the middle step and win cointoss, then if your Sockfolder value is:

• Between 0D9B80 - 0D9FF0, then you get half FPG
  • Between 0DA000 - 0DA070, then you grab the bottom of the pole (flag comes down)
  • Between 0DA080 - 0DA270, then you get BBG
  • 0DA280 or more, then you bump into the side of the block. (Hopefully these numbers are correct. I haven't double-checked them in a while)

If you don't win cointoss, then I don't know what happens. You probably just always grab the bottom of the flagpole, I assume.

zsjetu9 i Darpey podobało się to
Portugal

Thanks for the try Winkle, but I don't have a computer, so I can't use the practice rom hack, but thanks still :)

United States

Basically, half fpg just means you landed too far to the left.

Darpey to się podoba
Statystyki gry
Obserwujący
Przebiegi
Gracze
Najnowsze wiadomości
Requirements for High-Level Any% Runs

Any% (NTSC) runs below 4:57.000 must now fulfill additional requirements in order to be verified.

• The run's full session must be included in the submission description.
  • For emulator runs below 4:57.000, some form of input display must be visible for the duration of the run. A hand-cam or input
4 months ago
Najnowsze wątki
Opublikowano 4 months ago
games:thread_reply_count
Opublikowano 7 months ago
Opublikowano 2 years ago
Opublikowano 3 years ago
Opublikowano 4 years ago
1 odpowiedź