Categories
7 years ago
New Jersey, USA
Buffet_Time
He/Him, They/Them
7 years ago

What other categories could we add to the game besides just NG+?

I was thinking a Genocide (kill all possible enemies), Regular NG Any% rather than NG+ Any%, pacifist (kill only enemies that are required to be killed (possibly too similar to ng+), a 100% category where you need to get all of the scrolls.

Wondering what everyone else thinks.

havrd vinden dit leuk
Norway

if someone is dedicated to route and run something, no-matter how meme or retarded looking. It will get added. Whether as a misc category or not is where the real discussion needs to happen. For me personally the ideal "max real categories" would be.

any% ng+ any% 100% ng+ 100%

Everything else would be a misc category. But i doubt we would ever reject a category

Norway

This obviously requires that the person that requests said category doesnt just do 1 run and wants it on the leaderboard. There has to be some time-investment into the route/category for it do have any sort of legitemacy.

New Jersey, USA
Buffet_Time
He/Him, They/Them
7 years ago

Wait, what is NG+ 100%? That's a very off sounding category, because NG+ could be low% completion file or 100% so what exactly would be a NG+ 100% run?

Also i think we should just alter the name on speedrun.com of NG+ to NG+ Any% so it's more descriptive. Minor thing of course but ya know.

Also ya i mean like for me i can't see any category besides NG Any%, NG+ Any%, and 100% being a legit category, but a genocide run could be a fun meme category lol

Stockholm, Sweden

IMO 100% is a bad name in this case since if it only describes collecting scrolls then I'd say All Scrolls or something would fit better and that would imply NG runs as NG+ would be pointless in that case. If it would also require the badges for ghost/no kills/all kills that would be very arbitrary since you'd had to do two runs to finish that.

Poopoo_butter en Buffet_Time vindt dit leuk
United States

If the coop run ever gets routed, it could be good, and a main category I feel. Just seemed that way in my play through. But maybe not.

Buffet_Time vinden dit leuk
New Jersey, USA
Buffet_Time
He/Him, They/Them
7 years ago

I haven't touched Co-op yet waiting for a friend of mine to get the game, but i have heard that the earlier builds had really major multiplayer issues. I'm not sure if that was fixed fully though.

Bewerkt door de auteur 7 years ago
United States

It seemed fine on my end when I was playing coop. But I was the host, sooo

Norway

i would be up for routing coop

Buffet_Time vinden dit leuk
Game statistieken
Volgers
Runs
Spelers
Recente runs
door