Introducing community news!
Now everyone can submit news stories to Speedrun.com!
Today we're excited to launch Community News, an update to the Speedrun.com news system that allows everyone to contribute important announcements and news stories, and to help speedrunners and spectators learn about new games, marathons, or other important community events.
Here's how it works:
- Anyone can now submit news stories to Speedrun.com (including you!)
- After you submit a story, the site moderation team will either approve or reject your story. We'll also do some light copy-editing to make sure it's clear, concise, and free of major spelling or grammar mistakes.
- If approved, your story will appear on the homepage, news page, and other areas of the site. You'll be credited by name, with a link to your Speedrun.com account.
Here are some examples of what makes for a good story:
- New world record was set in a popular game.
- Popular streamer is hosting a charity event.
- Speedrunning an obscure game takes off in popularity.
- Marathon event is announced or shares new details.
- Famous personality mentions or promotes speedrunning.
- Announcement of charity event or fundraiser.
- Leaderboards open for a major new release.
- Notable bug, glitch, or skip discovered in major game.
Of course, we'll consider any compelling news story, even if it doesn't fit neatly into the list above.
All news stories also have a comments section to provide a place for discussion. We're excited to read and share your stories!
You can submit community news here.
We're excited to launch the new Speedrun website! Read on to learn more about what's new, how we got here, and what's coming next.
Bug fixes and improvements from July 16-26, 2023
“We will be focused on removing old, unused, and inactive content that is not tied to a user account from our platform” -Imgur
Read more to find out some options for if your content is affected.
This article is for a previous Merch Shop we had opened, which has now been closed
Some updates about leaderboard improvements, as well as plans for the future.
Today, we're pushing two new features from beta into the public! Let's take a look at the new Game Ordering and Featured Run features.