Hey everyone, following up on the recent Games & Profiles update and the concerns around the comments feature we’ve incrementally released a host of bug fixes, anti-spam measures, as well as moderation and privacy features. Let’s dig into the details.
- Allow runners (and run submitters) to moderate comments on their runs
- Allow runners to globally disable comments on their runs
- Fix issue where sometimes game moderators could not moderate comments
There are now additional actions available when moderating comments:
- Option to remove all other comments made by that author on that run
- Option to add the comment author to your block list
- Added ability for moderators (and runners, on their own runs) to view deleted comments
- Added measures to limit comment spam
- Added measures to limit unproductive comments
- Added measures to limit the ability for accounts created with malicious intent to post comments
These changes to comment section security target and mitigate mass spam on single runs as well as spam spanning the entire leaderboard. This type of spam should be significantly reduced, and we are exploring additional measures to combat bad actors.
Privacy & Safety improvements
- Allow users to globally disable comments on their runs
- Allow users to hide the "Games Followed" statistics on their profile
- Comments cannot be posted on runs if the comment author is blocked by the runner
These options can be toggled through the new Privacy settings page
- Added a "RUNNER" badge on comments when a runner posts a comment on their own run
- Minor comment style improvements
- Minor leaderboard style improvements
We want to apologize for the issues this update created when it was launched, and we hope these changes will create a more enjoyable and safe experience. We are working on additional moderation tools for comments throughout this week to foster a safer comment experience as well as implementing some design changes requested by the community.
Thank you for your patience, we’re committed to acting on your feedback.