Reverse YOLO horde?
6 years ago
Texas, USA

I think I remember hearing somewhere that this was a thing lol. Anyone know if there are videos of anyone pulling it off?

England

I have a highlight of it on twitch, it's not worth doing though and it's not as great as it sounds

Texas, USA

I can't even pull off normal yolo dodge hahaha. I wasn't planning on attempting it, I just wanna see it bc it sounds cool af. Good job getting it!

Texas, USA

I mean I can pull off every dodge in the scenario with the exception of the yolo dodge, I just dont even attempt it bc going around only loses like 1.5-2 seconds. Well and the MO disc dodge too, I don't do that either bc I have the extra ammo so why not lol. I just wanted to see this dodge in action bc I heard somewhere that ppl have done it. Sounded awesome.

Edit: Watched the clip, rnJESUS Roof that was amazing! And in a race too! Hahaha

編集者 投稿者 6 years ago
United States

Yeah this dodge is not worth it at all. I only did it since I was desperate to catch up lol. It only saves like 0.3-0.7 seconds at best.

ConkyJoe89 これを好き
Texas, USA

Like I said, I just wanted to see it, definitely don't plan on doing it haha. If I get a clean Murder Hall the last thing I wanna do is take unnecessary risks! Lol. Currently sketchy Murder Halls are what's keeping me out of the PS top 4 and from submitting a run. :/ Idek if the yolo dodges work on PS US version, given the slightly buffed zombie aggression.

United Kingdom

Anything Dara doesn't do in this run:

https://www.speedrun.com/run/y8q39wxy

Generally isn't viable in US version. I'm not sure if Hard/Nightmare Mode has slightly higher aggressive A.I than US' Normal Mode, though.

編集者 投稿者 6 years ago
ConkyJoe89 これを好き
Texas, USA

Oh okay Furry, good to know! I'll check it out after work tonight

United States

You can actually do all the dodges on the US version. There's some slight variations in the areas with extra enemies, but for the most part everything can be done in the same relative manner. Yolo horde might have a higher chance of fail since the zombies shuffle quicker on US, but it's been done.

EDIT: Oh, I just realized Hard/Nightmare was brought up. Yeah, pretty much what FurryWulfz said. Yolo horde is impossible on that difficulty.

編集者 投稿者 6 years ago
Ceará, Brazil

I managed to do the Yolo Horde with Claire a few times. Its really hard, but not impossible. Never did it with Leon. Anyway, Yolo Horde is not a big timesave in hard mode because zombies get out of the way faster than in normal.

編集者 投稿者 6 years ago
ConkyJoe89 これを好き
Texas, USA

Wow really? Its possible on PS? In that case can someone give a quick insight into how to pull off yolo dodge correctly? It stands as the only dodge in Leon A I've never got (have done MO disc I just don't go for it in runs though). Any help would be greatly appreciated, I just have never been able to even get close to pulling it off. I guess I'm looking for how you set it up once entering Blue Hall, what you look for to know if it's a go or not, directions you hold, etc etc

And Allancg, I dont play on Hard bc I play on US PS version. It is a pretty minor time save, but Im currently looking to learn everything in Leon A before I submit a run. Haha

編集者 投稿者 6 years ago
Ceará, Brazil

I tried again, on hard mode / jp version with Claire, I was able to get the dodge in 2 times, and in 2 tries I was able to pass the first three zombies, but the last two were able to bite me. Seems pretty much RNG to me.

GL for your runs Joe

ConkyJoe89 これを好き
Texas, USA

Thanks for the luck Allan, and thanks for the input and testing!

Dara, Roof, anyone else able to pull this off with Leon: Any tips would be helpful, as I said this stands as the only dodge I can't crack on my own so far. And I'd love to include it in my first submission run ;) lol. (Normal yolo not reverse!)

編集者 投稿者 6 years ago