Hollow Knight - Changing CustomKnight Sprites
By jngo102jngo102. Last updated
1. Extract the .zip file.
2. Place the output folder under:
Windows C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Hollow Knight\hollow_knight_Data\Managed\Mods\CustomKnight
Mac ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Hollow Knight/hollow_knight.app/hollow_knight_Data/Managed/Mods/CustomKnight
Linux ~/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Hollow Knight/hollow_knight_Data/Managed/Mods/CustomKnight
Make sure that the folder you move opens directly to the image files themselves.
That is, when you double click on the folder, it opens up to the PNGs themselves and not to another folder.
3. Open the game (may take a while) and load a save.
4. Pause the game and choose your desired skin from the scrollable menu to the left.
Creating your own skins:
1. Edit the existing skin images in your photo editing software of choice.
2. Save each skin under the exact same name as the PNG file that it is overriding in the Defaults folder, e.g. if you
are creating a skin for Grimmchild, save the image as "Grimm.png".
3. Put the edited images in a folder with the name that you want your custom skin to have.
You do not need to have all the images that Default has in your folder, just the ones you edit will suffice.
You may create a custom icon for your skin that shows up in the pause menu. For best results, make the icon
size 300 x 128 pixels.
4. To use your custom skin, follow steps 2 - 4 in the "Installation" section.