New Exploit!
6 years ago
United States

This exploit will only really be helpful for the longer categories like the SAT. Basically each question on FreeRice has it's own URL. For example, a question with two linear function on the SAT category will always have a URL like, freerice.com/#/sat/1521400. And a question about vocabulary would have a URL like freerice.com/#/stat/1521449. Now to get to the exploit. Let's say we are doing a 100 grain category for the SAT. Normally, this category will take a long time. However, if you study the first question (before the timer starts) and copy the URL, you can essentially get the same question 10 times in a row if you answer it, and then put the URL into the search bar to receive the same question and the same answers. And yes, each time you do this, the rice count does update correctly. The process is a bit slow, so it wouldn't break the easier categories, but it's extremely broken for SAT.

In conclusion, I believe this should be banned like fast-clicking and tab-switching.This doesn't really require much thought outside the first question. I'm not sure the limits of this exploit is, and I may update this forum post if anything else is discovered.

UPDATE #1: Yeah, almost immediately after posting this exploit, I found a new application. Recently, I discovered that tab-switching between categories has its faults. Namely the tab updates to the last category opened. However, using URL exploitation (yes that's what I'm going to be calling this) we can effectively use tab switching, in the SAME tab. Let's take a two category Math All Subject run for example. We preemptively copy the URL of a Multiplication Question. Next, we go to Basic Math and answer 10 questions. Immediately after the rice count updates with the final question, we enter the URL of the Multiplication Question. The site would update to Multiplication (with the question you copied too) and unlike tab-switching, the site WILL NOT update back to Basic Math. So something else to consider when deciding whether to ban URL exploitation or not.

के द्वारा संपादित लेखक 6 years ago
Oxknifer इसे पसंद करता है
Texas, USA

Nice find, Warrior! This works a lot like the method I posted in Discord. In my method, you can answer the same question on ten tabs, thus getting to 100 grains. Your method would take more time (to paste the URL), but it overall does the same thing.

My immediate thought is that we ban URL manipulation of the same question. However, for category changing, THAT'S BRILLIANT! Currently tab-switching is tough because it can change your subject. This could really help.

However, your method is not the best! Upon your discovery, I have thought of an even better way to implement URL manipulation. Category links in a separate document! Normal copy-paste only allows for one subject. But what if you load in 21 URLs, each navigating to a different subject. Boom! You've got yourself an All-Subject run, without the downfalls of tab-switching.

What we need to decide is whether or not we should allow users to navigate to a specific seed when they change categories. Imagine this case. You are running English, All Subjects and head over to English Vocab. You could either have a preprepared question, or generate a random seed. Here's what I mean:

http://freerice.com/#/english-vocabulary/ -- randomizes the question http://freerice.com/#/english-vocabulary/1379 -- goes directly to a question about "bag"

As far as future uses, it can be good to know how many seeds are in each category, but that's a separate topic. For now, I really like the idea of players playing with complete question RNG, whether they are using tab-switching or URL manipulation. Thoughts?

के द्वारा संपादित लेखक 5 years ago
United States

Yeah I believe it would be better to use the URL without the seed for subject changing. That way all questions are fully RNG rather than memorization.

Texas, USA

On one hand, it would be great to have a complete RNG run. On the other hand, its good to save time with tab-switching. Most runs start off with an answer to the first question in mind, anyway, so its not that far of a stretch for category switching. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

गेम विवरण
फॉलोअर्स
दौड़
खिलाड़ियों
ताज़ा धागे
पोस्ट किया गया 4 years ago
3 जवाब
6 जवाब
17 जवाब
पोस्ट किया गया 8 months ago