Today the leaderboards are open.
We have decided to use IGT (in game time) as the timing method for the main game runs; this way we have a natural load remover and run verification is easier. Secondary categories that don't start from a new game (Berserker% and Muspelheim%) still use RTA (real time). Forum post with info on how IGT works: https://speedrun.com/gow_ragnarok/thread/46row/
The categories are divided into the three platforms the game was released on (PS5, PS4, PS4 Pro). Since each platform has a different framerate, it's best to divide the leaderboard, even if loads are not counted when timing the run with IGT.
Unfortunately the game was released without an NG+ mode or a way to skip cutscenes, so the current run is quite long and has A LOT of cutscenes. We hope a patch gets released soon, as was done with God of War (2018).
We are still open to feedback and suggestions regarding new rules and new categories, including categories for the Category Extensions page (https://speedrun.com/gowce).
The current categories are:
• Any%: The standard run of the game on the easiest difficulty; glitches are allowed, although no skips or major glitches have been found yet. If the game is like the previous entry, we predict this category will remain essentially glitchless.
• Very Hard Glitchless: Full run of the game on Very Hard (Give Me God of War) difficulty. Glitches are not allowed, should any be found.
• Svartalfheim%: A short category that ends upon completing the first Svartalfheim section of the game, after rescuing Tyr, with either Any% or Very Hard Glitchless rules. This category is good for players that can't or don't want to play for 10+ hours to complete a full game run. In other God of War games, the short category is in the Category Extensions page, but to increase its visibility we are testing putting it on the main board this time.
• Berserker%: A challenging category that is similar to Valkyrie% from the previous game. The goal is to defeat all Berserkers, with options to play on Standard difficulty or Very Hard.
• Muspelheim%: A challenging category that is similar to The Trials from the previous game. The goal is basically to complete the challenges of Muspelheim, including the Valkyrie Gná fight, on either Standard difficulty or Very Hard. Since the challenges on the side arenas are relatively easy and repetitive, this category only includes the 6 main challenges at the center arena, which are freely accessible after completing them for the first time.