ChangelogLast updated by DaejaDaeja
Fri, 22 Nov 2019
• WR history charts are now back and optimised for the new layout.
• Clicking on a run in the chart will now open that run.
• The Statistics page is back.
• A new filter option has been added to leaderboards to allow you to view the leaderboard as of any date in the past.
Mon, 18 Mar 2019
Added pagination to Game Forums and main forums such as "The Site"
Added time since run was posted on homepage's latest runs section.
Thu, 26 Jul 2018
Changed rules modal to be wider and follow game theme.
Sat, 14 Jul 2018
Sat, 07 Jul 2018
• Temporary fix to force auto play on Twitch VODS as embeds from Twitch are broken directly.
Sat, 16 Jun 2018
• Fixed: Streams Page and Series Page url (game title) parsing upon direct link when using a filter.
Sun, 10 Jun 2018
• Added: Wiki/Website and Discord Links under every Series (optional)
Sat, 9 Jun 2018
• Fixed: Notifications not being generated.
Sat, 12 May 2018
• Added: Wiki/Website and Discord Links under every game (optional)
• Fixed: Calculations of post count
• Fixed: Pagination bug on save
Mon, 20 Nov 2017
• Added: @usernameusername now links to the user.
Thu, 16 Nov 2017
• Changed: Changing BBCode to Markdown.
Tue, 14 Nov 2017
• Changed: Prevent banned users from editing their profile or theme.
Sun, 12 Nov 2017
• Changed: Restricted flags for certain Asian countries to their country.
Fri, 10 Nov 2017
• Added: Advanced options for editing themes.
Sat, 04 Nov 2017
• Fixed: Game cover resolution bug.
Thu, 02 Nov 2017
• Changed: Game covers use their HQ versions.
• Changed: Allow HQ user pics and icons.
• Changed: Games only show release date to the year.
Wed, 01 Nov 2017
• Added: Light pink name colour.
Thu, 26 Oct 2017
• Changed: Vodcasts no longer appear on the streams page.
• Fixed: Updating streams sometimes failing due to invalid twitch usernames.
Wed, 25 Oct 2017
• Added: Verifiers as a moderator option.
• Changed: Auto-approve re-enabled for regular moderators.
Sun, 22 Oct 2017
• Added: Minigame/Gamemode and Server/Map gametypes.
Wed, 18 Oct 2017
• Changed: Mods can edit posts of other mods.
Tue, 17 Oct 2017
• Added: Active player count and full-game run count sort options for game lists.
• Improved: Site performance by caching some statistics every 3 minutes. Will be available in the API in the future.
• Changed: Active player count set as the new sorting default.
• Changed: More statistics to the game stats pages. Old activity value has been removed in favor of recent runs and active players.
Mon, 16 Oct 2017
• Added: Timestamps available for YouTube and Twitch videos.
• Changed: Run verification message to include "Run approval may take 1-3 weeks in some cases."
• Changed: Auto-approve unchecked for regular moderators by default. They can still self-approve their own submissions by checking the box manually.
Fri, 13 Oct 2017
• Added: Added "Show Obsolete" to leaderboard filters to see all runs submitted.
• Added: Users can see their followed games in their info page.
• Changed: Both super and regular moderators can no longer edit posts of other users.
• Changed: Regular moderators can no longer delete posts of other users.
Tue, 10 Oct 2017
• Fixed: Wait for Splits.io responses for up to 3 seconds instead of forever.
Wed, 27 Sep 2017
• Added: Username, password, and email changes.
Tue, 26 Sep 2017
• Added: Multi-game and Category Extension gametypes.
Sun, 24 Sep 2017
• Fixed: Leaderboards with no valid times will fall back on whatever DOES exist. e.g. a leaderboard whose runs only have gametime despite it being disabled will show them.
• Fixed: Correctly sort items that have no metric in the filter system.
Sat, 23 Sep 2017
• Changed: Twitch embeds to use HTTPS instead of HTTP.
Fri, 22 Sep 2017
• Added: Date added sort option to game lists.
Mon, 18 Sep 2017
• Added: Marathon teams who can create new marathons as necessary.
Thu, 14 Sep 2017
• Added: Allow users to withdraw their game requests.
• Changed: Overhauled the game request rules and interface.
• Changed: Live button on user profiles updated to Now Live.
Wed, 13 Sep 2017
• Fixed: Lag when listing games with filters. (eg series, genres, etc)
Mon, 11 Sep 2017
• Changed: Prevented banned users from appearing in the latest/top donation.
Thu, 07 Sep 2017
• Added: Special contact page.
Tue, 05 Sep 2017
• Changed: Allow users to select UK again.
Wed, 16 Aug 2017
• Added: Allow [country] in unregisteredplayer names to show the flag.
• Changed: Guest names length limit increased to 40.
• Changed: Guest Japanese names only show if using the site in Japanese.
Sun, 13 Aug 2017
• Changed: Split the UK into 4, force users to select their constituent country.
Fri, 11 Aug 2017
• Fixed: Username display overflow.
Thu, 10 Aug 2017
• Added: Show level name on level leaderboard.
Tue, 08 Aug 2017
• Added: Message about the Mega Man leaderboards.
• Added: Stream.me social media icon.
• Improved: Updated Beam and Hitbox to Mixer and Smashcast, respectively.
• Changed: Banned users show on the memberlist.
Fri, 19 May 2017
• Added: Captcha verification to signups and e-mail confirmation.
Sat, 08 Apr 2017
• Changed: Max hours for runs increased to 1000.
Sun, 05 Mar 2017
• Added: Message about the DKC leaderboards.
Thu, 02 Mar 2017
• Fixed: Properly linked the leaderboard and category on submissions.
Mon, 20 Feb 2017
• Added: Donators get early access to the language system.
• Added: Japanese residents can set their names in Japanese.
Wed, 15 Feb 2017
• Added: Missing Korean region flags.
Sat, 28 Jan 2017
• Added: Embedding for Twitch's latest url format change.
• Improved: Use stepped line for wr history charts.
Sat, 21 Jan 2017
• Added: Button to sort all ILs alphabetically.
Sun, 18 Dec 2016
• Added: A global statistics page. The previously separate (and unlinked) 'Games added per week' and 'New users per day' graphs have been moved to this page in addition to several new graphs.
• Added: There is now a link to SpeedRunsLive's races page in the navigation bar.
Sun, 04 Dec 2016
• Improved: The user settings page is now divided into tabs.
Thu, 17 Nov 2016
• Improved: Emotes now show their code when hovering over them.
Tue, 01 Nov 2016
• Fixed: [nosrl] tags weren't correctly recognized if they were at the start of the stream title.
Sun, 23 Oct 2016
• Improved: Single row navbar is back.
• Improved: Mobile youtube links are now embedded automatically.
Wed, 19 Oct 2016
• Added: The sidemenu on user profiles now shows if that user is currently streaming.
Sat, 08 Oct 2016
• Improved: If there are multiple games with the same name on twitch for the game you're streaming, you can now add the url of the correct game in brackets to the stream title and it will be listed as that game on the site. For example, add '[hp2gba]' to the title if you're streaming https://www.speedrun.com/hp2gba .
Sat, 01 Oct 2016
• Improved: The list of followed games in the navigation bar is no longer limited to 15 games.
Sun, 18 Sep 2016
• Added: New user list.
Tue, 06 Sep 2016
• Changed: If a user is added to a game as a moderator, they will automatically follow the game.
• Changed: The notification for a new forum post in a followed game is now enabled by default.
Sun, 04 Sep 2016
• Improved: It's now possible to set the month and day of release in addition to the year for games.
Sat, 27 Aug 2016
• Added: Finnish regions.
Fri, 26 Aug 2016
• Added: New donation benefits: https://www.speedrun.com/editprofile Now you can get a custom icon!
Thu, 18 Aug 2016
• Added: New social media options.
Sat, 23 Jul 2016
• Fixed: Games which are sorted by IGT by default
• Fixed: Games, series and sorting text list formatting
Fri, 22 Jul 2016
• Fixed: A glitch that made emulator times show even if disabled
Sat, 13 Jul 2016
• Fixed: A few text inputs that were unreadable are now readable.
Sat, 07 May 2016
• Improved: The level runs overview in user profiles now only shows the levels in which the user actually has a PB.
Fri, 06 May 2016
• Added: Categories now have a 'Player obsoletion mode' option to give better control over when a multiplayer run is considered obsolete.
Hover over the name of the option for a description of the different modes.
• Added: 'New fullgame top 3 run in followed game' and 'New IL top 3 run in followed game' notification types.
Sun, 01 May 2016
• Added: Game statistics pages, accessible in each game's sidemenu.
Fri, 22 Apr 2016
• Improved: Timezone handling code. See this thread for more information.
Sun, 17 Apr 2016
• Added: The games page, streams page and series overviews now have a text view in addition to the pre-existing box view.
• Changed: Guides and resources are now ordered alphabetically instead of by most recently edited.
Thu, 14 Apr 2016
• Improved: Game tags update. The most noticeable changes are the overhauled games page, streams page and series overviews.
Functionally, games can now be in multiple series, unofficial releases (previously called ROM Hacks) are handled more flexibly, and the 'moderation from above' option for games has been removed. See this thread for more information.
Wed, 16 Mar 2016
• Improved: New server!
Tue, 15 Mar 2016
• Fixed: A very small number of category/level/variable/etc names such as '0%' would incorrectly be refused.
Thu, 10 Mar 2016
• Fixed: The text of notifications related to times beaten in categories with subcategories should no longer be bugged.
Thu, 14 Jan 2016
• Fixed: Notifications related to new runs in categories with subcategories should no longer be bugged.
Fri, 08 Jan 2016
• Improved: Subcategories are now marked as empty if they are, just like categories.
• Improved: Subcategories are now displayed as a more integral part of the category for runs and the category name is now displayed more uniformly in different places.
This change affects notifications, run pages, the front page, the awaiting verification page, and user pb pages.
• Improved: When calculating the place of non-emulator runs for games where emulator runs are hidden, emulator runs are no longer considered.
This means its place (visible on the run page, front page, user pb page etc) matches the place it has on the actual leaderboard with emulator runs hidden.
• Improved: Normal moderators are now able to see the mod overview on the edit game page, on which they can remove their own mod status.
Note that the rest of the overview is view-only, so normal mods don't suddenly have more power.
• Fixed: Marathon schedule entries no longer have a broken link to the corresponding game if the name includes certain symbols.
• Fixed: Game IL overviews should no longer show bugged results for ILs that have unranked runs above 2nd place.
Fri, 01 Jan 2016
• Changed: Runs of which the player name matches a newly created account are no longer associated automatically with that account.
See this thread for more information.
Wed, 30 Dec 2015
• Fixed: Game IL overviews no longer show bugged results for ILs with subcategories, but show the time for the default subcategory instead.
Fri, 18 Dec 2015
• Fixed: Twitter card images for user pictures will now be updated correctly if you change your user picture.
Sat, 12 Dec 2015
• Added: Categories now have an option to have times sorted descending instead of ascending on the edit game page.
• Fixed: Place calculations now take subcategories into consideration.
Thu, 10 Dec 2015
• Improved: It's now possible to select the coming year for marathon schedules.
Mon, 07 Dec 2015
• Added: Subcategory values can now be marked as misc.
• Added: To help setting up new variables/values, there's a new button that applies the default value to all runs without a value for that variable.
This works regardless of whether the variable is used as a subcategory or not.
Sun, 06 Dec 2015
• Added: Variables now have a 'Use as subcategory' option, to make organizing lots of categories a bit easier. Example: http://www.speedrun.com/gtavc_chaos .
In addition, values of subcategory variables can have their own rules specified.
• Changed: Newly created variables will now have the 'Mandatory' option set by default.
• Improved: Adding very wide content to rules will no longer overflow and break the layout.
Sat, 05 Dec 2015
• Improved: There should now be fewer cases of dark themes being incorrectly marked as light themes.
• Improved: The '@' symbol is now automatically filtered out when you set the twitter link in your profile and no longer results in a broken link.
• Fixed: Category links on the front and awaiting verification pages now work correctly for full game categories even if the default game view is ILs.
• Fixed: The user who previously verified a run will no longer show up bugged on the run page if that run goes back into awaiting verification.
• Fixed: The characters for partial hour time zone differences on user info pages will now show up correctly.
Fri, 27 Nov 2015
• Fixed: The field to add a new value when submitting a run will now show up correctly for variables with the 'Mandatory' and 'User-defined' options both selected,
and no existing values.
Fri, 13 Nov 2015
• Improved: The category names on leaderboards are now evenly distributed if they take up more than one row.
Thu, 29 Oct 2015
• Added: Implemented some measures against spam bots.
Sat, 10 Oct 2015
• Fixed: Banned users will no longer show up on the streams page.
Sat, 03 Oct 2015
• Changed: Until a proper system is implemented, 'ROM hacks' are now renamed to 'ROM hacks/Mods'.
• Changed: Game mods can now delete runs they submitted even if they're not in the list of players.
• Fixed: Uploading new cover images and changing the url of a game at the same time will no longer break the url change.
Fri, 02 Oct 2015
• Improved: Page numbers for forum threads display more cleanly.
Wed, 30 Sep 2015
Sun, 27 Sep 2015
• Fixed: A 'New forum post in followed game' notification will no longer be sent for the first post in a thread (that's what the 'New forum thread in followed game'
notification type is for).
Tue, 22 Sep 2015
• Added: Option on the settings page to have your stream show up on the streams page. Affects game-specific streams pages as well.
• Improved: When requesting a game, there is now an additional text field where you can add notes if needed.
• Improved: For runs in games that don't require verification, their run page will now show that the run didn't require verification instead of
showing the confusing note that it was verified by the person that submitted it.
• Changed: Adding resources to games is no longer limited to mods. Instead, game resources can now be submitted by all users that have a verified run in that game.
• Changed: If a guide consists of a single url, it will no longer link directly to that url on the guides overview page, as recognizing urls was buggy.
Additionally there was no clear indication that the link would be external, potentially creating confusing/harmful situations.
• Changed: The author of a guide will no longer be the person who last saved it, but the person who originally added it.
• Changed: If a player has multiple times on a leaderboard, only the first one will be considered for ranking purposes. This means that if one person has all of
the top 3 times on a leaderboard, the person with the 4th best time is now ranked 2nd instead of 4th.
• Fixed: Users that somehow managed to select a non-existing theme in their settings will now be switched back to the default theme instead of seeing a broken page.
Sun, 13 Sep 2015
• Fixed: Old notification settings for a followed game are now correctly removed when saving new settings specifically for that game.
If you've already customized notification settings for a followed game, you'll need to save those settings again to properly replace old, not customized, settings.
Sat, 12 Sep 2015
• Added: The Guides and Resources links in the game sidemenu will now be marked as empty if they are.
• Improved: The top navigation bar will display a bit better on older browsers.
• Fixed: 'New forum post in followed game' notifications were not being sent.
• Fixed: A bug causing leaderboards to not load on older browsers (IE6, IE7).
• Fixed: A bug in deleting variables causing the values for that variable to not be deleted as well.
Tue, 08 Sep 2015
• Improved: Backend update for how deletions are handled.
You shouldn't notice anything really, but this should result in less broken data and thus fewer bugs in the future.
Mon, 31 Aug 2015
• Improved: Double posting prevention is finally in place.
• Changed: Mods can no longer delete runs, only reject them if needed. Users can still delete their own runs if they so desire.
Contact a full mod if you think a run should be deleted but you can't because of this change.
• Changed: On the runs awaiting verification page, only rejected runs from the last 4 weeks will now show up by default.
Clicking on the new 'Show old' button will show all rejected runs like before.
• Fixed: The Spanish region flags of Castilla La-Mancha and Castilla y León are no longer switched.
Sat, 15 Aug 2015
• Fixed: A bug that caused disabled notification types that are enabled by default still to be sent.
• Fixed: 'A new run is awaiting verification in a game you moderate' type notifications are now correctly sent to all users that have mod power (eg. series mods),
not just users that are a direct mod of the game.
Fri, 14 Aug 2015
• Added: You can now customize whether you want runs in misc categories on your user profile to be shown by default instead of hidden on your settings page.
• Improved: You can now always see all unread notifications in the navigation bar instead of being limited to the default 10.
That limit is still in place for read notifications though.
• Improved: When submitting times, milliseconds are now interpreted as you'd expect: entering '42' will be interpreted as 420ms instead of 042ms.
• Fixed: Notifications and emails were not sent correctly since Sun, 02 Aug 2015. They've been fixed now and all unsent notifications/emails have been sent.
• Fixed: Disabling a notification type for a specific game is now saved correctly.
• Fixed: The text of 'You've been added as a moderator to a game' type notifications now correctly contains the game name, rather than your username.
• Fixed: Times in notifications with milliseconds no longer get an incorrect trailing space.
• Fixed: Minutes no longer get a trailing zero if there are no hours present. eg. 7:42 instead of 07:42, but 1:07:42 is unchanged.
• Fixed: 'New guide added to followed game' type notifications will now be sent correctly.
Sat, 01 Aug 2015
• Added: Users now get customized twitter cards as well.
• Added: You can now choose whether full-game or IL runs should be shown as the default on your profile. Change this setting on your settings page.
Fri, 31 Jul 2015
• Added: When you include a link to a page on this site in a tweet, twitter will automatically show a summary of the page with your tweet.
Currently runs and game pages get a customized twitter card, other pages get a generic card.
• Improved: The page title is now a bit more informative on most pages.
• Fixed: Super series mods should no longer be incorrectly locked out of adding new games to the series.
Wed, 29 Jul 2015
• Fixed: Various bugs related to the following games and notification settings update.
Tue, 28 Jul 2015
• Added: Pending actions page. Here you can view and edit your runs awaiting verification and rejected runs. You can also view your pending game requests here.
• Fixed: Various bugs related to the following games and notification settings update.
Mon, 27 Jul 2015
• Added: You can now customize how many runs in followed games you will see on the front page minimum, maximum, and how old they are maximum.
• Fixed: Various bugs related to the following games and notification settings update.
Sun, 26 Jul 2015
• Added: Following games and notification settings. See this thread for more information.
• Changed: Games that have been on the site for over 2 weeks can now only be deleted by full mods to prevent possible abuse or mistakes.
Contact a full mod if you do find that you need an old game deleted for whatever reason.
• Changed: Rejected runs will no longer show their place on the Runs awaiting verification page.
• Changed: Marathon forums that have been inactive for over 30 days are now hidden by default. Use the 'Show inactive forums' button to show them.
• Fixed: Various bugs.
Fri, 17 Jul 2015
• Fixed: Some variable related bugs caused by the recent leaderboards backend change.
Mon, 13 Jul 2015
• Added: Users that are not logged in (and only if you're not logged in) will see non-intrusive ads in some places, to cover site costs.
More information in this thread.
Sun, 12 Jul 2015
• Added: The new API now supports getting leaderboards!
• Improved: The leaderboards backend has been changed a bit, which should make it more consistent and slightly faster.
Sat, 11 Jul 2015
• Changed: The 'Access as JSON' buttons are now gone, the API links are moved into the HTTP header.
• Fixed: The site now works if the browser does not accept cookies instead of ending in a reload loop.
Fri, 26 Jun 2015
• Added: An 'Access as JSON' button to side menus to access the API version of the page you're on. (If you don't know what JSON is, you don't need it).
This will be worked away better later, but with the current layout setup this is the simplest way of doing it.
• Changed: Run pages now use an encoded version of their ID. Old links will still redirect to the right page.
• Fixed: A bug where the verification date would sometimes be updated incorrectly when editing a run.
Fri, 19 Jun 2015
• Added: New API is in public beta! Docs are at http://github.com/speedruncom/api -- looking for feedback (ideally as issues on the github page).
Major updates for the API will be posted here, but for smaller updates check the above github page instead.
Sat, 13 Jun 2015
• Fixed: The new FrankerFaceZ API has been implemented so their emotes can be used again.
As before, prefix their emote names with 'ffz' to make them show up. Only emotes that are marked Public can be used.
Fri, 12 Jun 2015
• Fixed: The API for user PBs not returning the correct run in some cases.
• Fixed: A recent bug causing the category names not to show up on game leaderboards.
Wed, 10 Jun 2015
• Fixed: Foregrounds in themes work again.
Sat, 06 Jun 2015
• Fixed: Certain headers not being centered properly.
Wed, 03 Jun 2015
• Fixed: Long lines of text not always breaking properly in forum posts.
• Fixed: The correct flags are displayed again for subareas.
Mon, 01 Jun 2015
• Improved: Cleanup of the settings page. Most of it is backend stuff, the main visible change is that the user sidemenu is now also visible on this page.
• Improved: Images for series covers that are taller than they are wide are no longer rejected when saving. Note that the image will still be resized to an acceptable size.
• Changed: The settings and edit profile pages are now linked to from the user sidemenu on your own profile.
Sun, 31 May 2015
• Improved: Cleanup of the edit profile page. Most of it is backend stuff, the main visible change is that the user sidemenu is now also visible on this page.
• Fixed: Username colours are now properly adapted on light themes.
• Fixed: A recent bug causing renamed games to lose their theme.
Sat, 30 May 2015
• Fixed: A bug that caused marathon schedules to not show up correctly.
Fri, 29 May 2015
• Added: Videos from niconico are now embedded on the site.
• Fixed: Twitch videos with a region code in their url (eg http://ca.twitch.tv/ as opposed to http://www.twitch.tv/ ) are now embedded correctly.
• Fixed: A workaround has been implemented to prevent certain twitch videos from autoplaying which was happening due to a bug on Twitch's end.
• Fixed: Calculating the place was sometimes done incorrectly if there was another run by the same players with the same time, on the same date.
Fri, 22 May 2015
• Improved: Posts by since deleted users are now marked [user deleted] instead of showing the user ID.
Tue, 19 May 2015
• Added: API queries for a user will now return whether or not a run is an IL.
• Improved: The system used to send emails has been updated so our emails should no longer be blocked by spam filters of lots of providers.
Please let us know if you still have any issues!
• Fixed: Several small layout bits that were still not valid html5, primarily related to signups.
Mon, 18 May 2015
• Changed: Urls for run pages no longer include the game name.
For example, the run at http://www.speedrun.com/gtavc/run/2 should now be accessed at http://www.speedrun.com/run/2
The old url still links to the correct page to prevent breaking old links, but this will be phased out eventually.
This also fixes the issue of the wrong sidemenu showing if the game in the url is not the game the run is of.
• Changed: Within a game, category and level names need to be unique. The same applies to values within a variable.
• Fixed: An issue that resulted in a glitched theme if an error occurs with any of the images when adding a theme.
• Fixed: Things like categories and levels are now guaranteed to have a unique url, fixing any problems there were with identical urls.
(Note this is only applied to new and edited ones from now on.)
Sat, 16 May 2015
• Changed: Tied runs on the individual levels tables are now shown oldest to newest.
• Improved: The search field in the navigation bar will now shrink a bit on smaller widths.
It's by no means a responsive design yet, but it's a step in the right direction.
• Improved: Detection of users trying to submit images instead of videos when 'Video required' is enabled.
• Fixed: A few pages (such as user profiles) that weren't before are now properly affected by the 'X obsolete eachother' options.
Thu, 14 May 2015
• Updated: Backend of the notifications system. You shouldn't notice any difference, but this will allow us to use it for more exciting updates in the future.
• Changed: If a post gets more than 10 likes, the notification about it will become 'X people like your post' instead of '[huge list of names] like your post'.
Tue, 12 May 2015
• Fixed: Potential security leak allowing users to edit runs that don't belong to them.
Tue, 12 May 2015
• Fixed: Some cases where the front page and user profiles would show the incorrect time field.
• Fixed: The limit on username length when submitting runs now correctly takes unicode encoding into account.
Sun, 10 May 2015
• Added: When submitting a run, you can now enter a splits i/o run ID (For example: 41r for https://splits.io/41r ) which will show the splits on that run page.
The splits i/o ID is also returned by the API.
• Fixed: Positioning of the comment on run pages.
Sat, 09 May 2015
• Improved: Various pages should load a bit faster.
• Fixed: Ranking icons are now saved correctly even if they are the only thing changed in a theme.
• Fixed: Super mods can remove themselves again, if they so wish.
• Fixed: It's now a bit more clear what you can and cannot do with changing moderators on the edit game page.
• Fixed: Runs with videos will now correctly show up when 'Video Only' is checked even if the user has a faster run without video.
• Fixed: Submitting runs is no longer impossible for level with a numeric name.
• Fixed: The leaderboard once again shows the correct error if there are no categories.
• Fixed: The ability to delete levels.
Thu, 07 May 2015
• Added: Ranking icons for 1st down to 4th place can now be customized in game themes.
• Improved: The front page is now limited to three runs per game at a time.
• Improved: Mods now need to confirm if they try to post in a locked thread to make it more obvious.
• Changed: Super moderators can no longer remove other super moderators.
• Fixed: Various bugs related to the new variables system.
• Fixed: The loading icon had an incorrect background in some cases.
• Fixed: Clicking the counters in the navigation bar will now properly open their respective menus.
Tue, 05 May 2015
• Updated: Complete overhaul of the variables system.
• Changed: Removed the views counter on run pages for now.
• Fixed: The edit game page should now work correctly in IE.
• Fixed: Positioning of the 'No video' text on run pages.
Mon, 04 May 2015
• Fixed: Fonts should now look better on most non-Windows machines.
Mon, 27 Apr 2015
• Fixed: If a user has multiple runs with the same time for a single IL only the oldest run of those will show up on the IL board.
Sat, 25 Apr 2015
• Added: An option on the Edit game page to set whether runs done on different regions by the same user should obsolete each other.
• Added: An option on the Edit game page to set whether runs done on different platforms by the same user should obsolete each other.
• Updated: The description on the Request game page now includes:
'You will get a notification once your request has been accepted or denied. Requests are checked manually by an admin so it might take a few days.'
• Improved: Page load times should be slightly improved for all pages.
• Improved: If a game has more than 8 categories they will now be split up on multiple rows instead of all being on the same row.
• Fixed: Background colour of some elements incorrectly used the colour set for navbar instead of for box.
• Fixed: Some cases where the (empty) mark to category names would incorrectly not show up.
Thu, 23 Apr 2015
• Added: The footer now contains a link to this changelog.
• Changed: Runs in misc categories are now hidden by default on user profiles, and can be viewed by using the 'Show misc categories button'.
• Fixed: All settings on the Edit ROM Hack page should now save correctly.
• Fixed: The 'Series moderators have powers here' option would get unset automatically if a game was edited by a normal (not super) mod.
Mon, 20 Apr 2015
• Updated: The site now uses (nearly) valid HTML 5 instead of largely invalid HTML 4.
• Changed: The option to enable of disable that series moderators have power in a game can now only be set by super moderators.
• Changed: It is now possible to go directly to the series forum from a game forum from within that series.
• Changed: Super moderators are now shown first in the game sidemenu.
• Changed: Full mods and admins will now also show up in the moderator list for a game, if they are explicitly added to it.
• Fixed: Level and category names are now limited to 70 characters.
• Fixed: Direct links to posts now show an error if the post does not exist, rather than redirecting to an invalid url.
Wed, 15 Apr 2015
• Updated: The images on the promotion page have received a long overdue update from the mint to the default theme.
• Changed: As a temporary hotfix, users registered for less than a week cannot delete runs to prevent a possible abuse scenario.
This limitation will most likely be removed completely once proper prevention is in place.
Sun, 12 Apr 2015
• Fixed: Incorrect error showing up on streams pages when there are no streams.
Fri, 10 Apr 2015
• Changed: Full mods can now also ban users if necessary. (Admins already could.)
• Fixed: A number of streams not showing up on the streams page.
Wed, 08 Apr 2015
• Improved: The Request game page now includes a description of the two week policy which was previously only described in this thread.
• Improved: Resources can now be uploaded in .7z format in addition to .zip and .rar.
• Improved: Games/series without moderators are now automatically flagged for review by full mods/admins, so that moderators can be added and the leaderboard is
• Changed: User pictures (avatars) are now limited to a maximum height of 200 instead of 400 pixels. The maximum width is unchanged at 100 pixels.
When you upload a new user picture, it will be resized to be as large as possible within these limits.
• Fixed: Milliseconds are now properly shown for IL runs on user profiles if they are set to be shown for that game.
• Fixed: The Individual level overview page will now also use the default time setting.
• Fixed: Timezone calculations should now properly take daylight saving time into account.
• Fixed: Uploading .rar files should now work properly, as well as some specific .zip files which failed previously.
• Fixed: X is no longer shown out of alphabetical order on the games page.
Fri, 03 Apr 2015
• Fixed: Highlighting old runs on the awaiting verification page will show far fewer false positives in the case that users edit their old runs instead of submitting new runs.
Thu, 02 Apr 2015
• Improved: Overhaul of the Request a game form.
Sat, 28 Mar 2015
• Changed: The information who requested a game by hovering over the 'Moderated by' text on game pages is now only accessible to mods.
Other users can only see when it was added.
• Fixed: In certain circumstances where there was a mixture of runs with and without a value for the time sorted by runs were not marked as obsolete correctly and
would thus be shown on the leaderboard when they shouldn't.
Fri, 27 Mar 2015
• Added: A game setting 'Show empty time columns' to choose whether to show or hide empty time columns on the leaderboard. For example, with both the Real time and
In-game time enabled, if there are no runs with a Real time (i.e. only In-game time), the Real time column will not show up if 'Show empty time columns' is disabled.
• Added: Categories without runs are now tagged with (empty) on leaderboards so you can easily see if a category has runs before loading it.
• Improved: When sorting a leaderboard by a certain time, runs that do not have a value for that time are now shown at the bottom instead of hidden.
• Improved: The name of the IL is now shown on the Runs Awaiting Verification page for IL runs.
• Improved: The 'Time' column is now called 'Real time' when In-game time is enabled.
• Improved: Runs that have been awaiting verification for longer than one and two weeks are now highlighted with increasing intensity on the Runs awaiting verification page.
• Improved: The user Forum posts page now shows which forum each post is in.
• Fixed: Layout of marathon schedules.
• Fixed: IL runs on the Runs Awaiting Verification page now have the correct link to their category page.
• Fixed: The date the game was added viewable by hovering over the 'Moderated by' text on game pages will now only show up if a date was actually recorded.
Sat, 21 Mar 2015
• Fixed: API queries for series.
Fri, 20 Mar 2015
• Improved: Slightly improved the chance of the API finding the game you wanted when using approximate search.
• Fixed: The error preventing removing all mods from a game by disabling the 'Series moderators have power here' should now work in all cases.
• Fixed: Numerical game urls are now supported and will no longer make the game inaccessible.
Thu, 19 Mar 2015
• Improved: The API now takes the default timing method set for a game into account.
• Added: The API now takes an optional timing parameter to override the default method set for the game.
The following values are supported:
For the In-game time field: igt ingametime ingame
For the time with loads field: timewithloads withloads
For the time/time without loads/real-time field: time timewithoutloads timenoloads withoutloads noloads rta realtime
• Fixed: Twitch embeds appearing in front of the navigation bar on Internet Explorer.
• Fixed: Obsolete runs with empty time fields would show up on leaderboards in some cases.
Wed, 18 Mar 2015
• Improved: Loading of game themes is done slightly cleaner/faster.
Mon, 16 Mar 2015
• Added: Signup page for marathons. Example
Sun, 15 Mar 2015
• Fixed: Improperly storing empty time fields resulting in sorting bugs on leaderboards.
Mon, 09 Mar 2015
• Fixed: Some recent layout related issues for forum posts.
• Fixed: Re-ordering of ILs.
Sun, 08 Mar 2015
• Fixed: Bug on the Individual levels leaderboard when there were ILs but no IL categories.
• Fixed: Default timing method for a game was not taken into account when calculating the obsolete status or place for a run anywhere but the main game leaderboards.
• Fixed: Layout of the guides page when there were no guides.
Sat, 07 Mar 2015
• Empty series forums are now hidden by default on the Forum page.
Use the Show/Hide empty series button to toggle them.
Fri, 06 Mar 2015
• It is now possible to select the default time to sort leaderboards by on the Edit Game page.
• Several bugfixes.
Wed, 04 Mar 2015
• Fixed prevention of locking out all moderators by disabling the Series moderators have power here option.
• Several other minor fixes.
Tue, 03 Mar 2015
• Added page showing all posts by a user to their profile. Example
• Recommended favicon and logo sizes are now shown on the Add/Edit Theme page.
Mon, 02 Mar 2015
• Various bugfixes.
Sun, 01 Mar 2015
• Bugfixes, page load improvements.
• The 'new' icon on forums now actually disappears if there are no new threads in the forum.
Sat, 28 Feb 2015
• Plently of bugfixes, including no more 45 year old threads!
• Significant load time improvements for larger leaderboards.
• Page load time improvements for some pages.
• The API will now also return the place if a user is specified.
Fri, 27 Feb 2015
• Just your daily fix of bugfixes.
Thu, 26 Feb 2015
• Several bugfixes for the multicoop update, mainly related to sorting on leaderboards.
• Overall page load time improvements.
Wed, 25 Feb 2015
• Release of the multicoop update, adding support for coop categories with more than two players as well as lots of other things, including:
• The API now returns in-game time, time with/without loads and multiple players where available.
• Every series page now shows the latest runs in games from that series.
• Lots of cumulative fixes.
Sun, 22 Feb 2015
• Emulator runs can now be filtered to show both emulator and platforms, only emulators or only platforms.
• Load times for the forums and Games page have been reduced quite a bit.
Fri, 20 Feb 2015
• Implementation of the policy that empty games/series are removed 2 weeks after requesting.
With this an initial flagging system (albeit automatic only at this point) has been put into use, which can be extended later on.
Sat, 14 Feb 2015 - Sat, 21 Feb 2015
• Various fixes, improving page loads a bit.
• Progressive additions of support for Japanese localization (usernames, game names, game covers).
Fri, 13 Feb 2015
• Bugfixes as usual.
• The favicon for a game/series can now only be edited from the Edit Theme menu (no longer from the Edit Game/Series menu).
• The game/series/marathon title in the side menu now redirects to the default page for that game/series/marathon.
• Filtering for the [nosrl] tag on the streams page is now case insensitive.
Thu, 12 Feb 2015
• More bugfixes.
Tue, 10 Feb 2015
• Various bugfixes.
Mon, 09 Feb 2015
• The [se?ction=title] tag has been reimplemented. Further improvements will be done soon, but the main features are done.
• Various small fixes.
Sat, 07 Feb 2015
• Several bugfixes.
• The [cent?er] or [cen?tre] tag can now be used to centre align text in forum posts and guides.
• Forum threads can now be locked by moderators.
• Cumulative security update.
• Viewcount is now shown on run pages.
Thu, 05 Feb 2015
• Forum threads can now be stickied by moderators.
• All game/series specific streams pages now also use a cache to improve page load times.
• Moderators can now choose to submit runs without automatic verification.
Sun, 01 Feb 2015
• Caching should make the /streams page much faster. Initial setup, further improvements later.
Sat, 29 Jan 2015
• Added regions for Spain, Ireland and Germany.
Fri, 23 Jan 2015 - Thu, 5 Feb 2015
• Various bugfixes for bugs caused by security upgrades.
Tue, 20 Jan 2015 - Fri, 23 Jan 2015
• Site down for various security upgrades.
Sat, 17 Jan 2015
• Silver added to the list of possible username colours.
• Fixed links to the games list sorted by platform on the game and run pages.
Fri, 16 Jan 2015
• Fixed a bug related to the Delete button appearing on the Add ROM Hack and Add Game pages.
• It is now possible to get the best [number] runs from the API by adding amount=[number] to the url. Example.
Wed, 14 Jan 2015
• Added WonderSwan to the platforms list.
Mon, 12 Jan 2015
• Added an SRL field to profiles.
Sun, 11 Jan 2015
• Global twitch emotes are now matched before subscriber emotes so in case there are emotes with the same code (well done twitch) the global emote will show up.
• Added a proper error message when the streams page fails to get a list of online users from twitch.
• Fixed Show/Hide rules button not always working correctly with rules shown by default.
• Fixed a bug when using the [u?rl][/u?rl] tags on urls that are otherwise embedded.
Wed, 07 Jan 2015
• The API will now try to return an exact match to a game abbreviation (url) before searching for a match in a title.
Mon, 05 Jan 2015
• Donors now have the option to make their username a gradient between two colours.
Sun, 04 Jan 2015
• Fixed a bug causing an error about mods to appear when adding or deleting a game from a series.
• Fixed bug for individual levels on user profiles caused by the update from 02 Jan.
Fri, 02 Jan 2015
• Fixed a bug in the individual levels leaderboard where it reported there to be no levels if there were no runs for any of the levels.
• Added a note to the submit run page that "¤ indicates a required field."
• Added some detection of invalid video links on the submit run page.
• ROM Hacks now have the same options as other games on their Edit ROM Hack page.
Mon, 29 Dec 2014
• It is no longer possible to remove the last super mod for a game if would leave it without moderators.
• It is no longer possible to disable "Series moderators have power here" if it would leave the game without mods.
• Update external emoticons is no longer available for users under full mod.
Sat, 27 Dec 2014
• The individual levels leaderboard will now return a message similar to the one on the full game leaderboard if no levels have been defined.
Similarly the individual levels page on a user profile will now also return an error instead of nothing.
Fri, 26 Dec 2014
• Created this changelog.
• The Streams page no longer shows streams with [nosrl] in the title.
• Fixed unordered lists to support square brackets and asterisk characters.
• Users will now get a notification with reason when their game/series request is denied.
Thu, 25 Dec 2014
• FrankerFaceZ emotes now have to be prefixed with "ffz" (case-sensitive) to show up.
• Emotes now have to be enclosed in whitespace/nothing to show up.
• A number of new twitch subscriber emotes without prefix have been blacklisted.
• www.speedrun.com/api_records.php?user=[username] will now return all pb's by that user.