Hey everyone! So, me and the majority of the mod team (as in me and tetrax) discussed a bunch of potential rule and leaderboard changes, and here's a list of what we decided:
The most significant change is that closing the game and reopening it to skip cutscenes is now explicitly allowed. The biggest use of this is to skip the area clear and new area unlock cutscene at the end of each area.
• There will now be a "Has Close" variable on every run, to indicate whether it utilized closing the game. All current runs on the board have this variable set to "No" by default.
• We've also added this section to the rules:
"Closing the game and reopening it to skip certain cutscenes is allowed, however:
• Only one version of the game can be used over the course of a run, it is NOT allowed to switch versions in the middle of a run.
• Interacting with an older client after loading a file with a newer one is NOT allowed.
• The newest client MUST be visible in your recording at all times after loading a file."
(If you're using OBS and worried about the game window not being detected in time, try upping the "hook rate" on your window/game capture!)
Additionally, the version variable on the leaderboards has been removed. We feel as if different game versions matter significantly less than we originally thought, and there doesn't seem to be an agreed upon "optimal version," so as a result the version variable felt pretty useless and unnecessary. There's still no restriction on which version of the game you need to play on.
Finally, there are a couple other general changes.
• Game audio is now required for all runs.
• Top 10 runs in Any% and top 5 runs in every other category submitted after today will be retimed with milliseconds.
• The "iOS" and "Android" platforms have been added.
Thanks for reading, and enjoy babaing.