Leaderboards moderation requests thread
9 years ago
Canada

@sztalu The mod is active, talk to them about it. Plenty of games don't need more than one moderator.

YUMmy_Bacon5 المعجبون بهذا
United States

Requesting mod for https://www.speedrun.com/fs1

I currently have a run that's been pending for over a week, and the only mod hasn't been active in 2, almost 3 months now, with no way to contact them.

United States

@Slevanas if anything I would demote you to verifier or remove you entirely. Just because you two disagree on the naming of a category is not a reason for you to be extremely petty and go behind the other person's back to get them demoted. That is just bullshit dude, grow the hell up, work with the other person, and come to an agreement. Holy shit man.

YUMmy_Bacon5, Sklitterbeer و 3 آخرون تُحب هذا
Ontario, Canada
GoomEevee
She/Her, They/Them
6 years ago

Hello! I noticed that the moderator for "Kirby Super Star Category Extensions" has been inactive for about a month, making run submissions quite difficult. Would it be possible to appoint a new moderator(s)?

Florida, USA

Hi, I wanted to get a game removed. It's a web game and I didn't realize it had a leaderboard for times somewhere already that is updated automatically. The game is Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. Thanks!

Scotland

Pukeattack you can delete games as a mod by going to edit game and then in the top right corner there should be a little arrow click on that and delete game :)

Antarctica

Deleting games as a mod is only a thing for the first 2 weeks of the LB existing iirc, so if the game is older than that it’ll require full mod/admin intervention.

تم التحرير بواسطة الكاتب 6 years ago
YUMmy_Bacon5, Hako, و Habreno تُحب هذا
Newfoundland, Canada

I would like to be added as a moderator for the game Robo Army, the reason being that the board currently doesn't make sense and is moderated by two people who game together so an unbiased mod for the game should be added. Why doesn't it make sense? Well, the two runs (1 Japanese and 1 English) are both on the Switch and as far as I can tell, there is no option of switching language in the game for the Switch which means one of those records shouldn't even be listed.

At the very least, an Arcade section needs to be added and put separate from the Switch version and I'd be more than happy to do so.

Netherlands

@OldWorldGamer both moderators are active users. You can message them through their social icons and ask if you could be a mod or if they will change the boards.

This is a last resort thread.

France

hi i want to be a super moderator for suikoden 2 speedrun to edit run when runner do mistake for example omnigamer use a modded iso to have all music of the game ( dont have it on psn version) i contatc t3tsuya he says i have no reason to up you super moderator and he accept a video i was watching (supicious of turbocontroller using) without verify i take my time when i verify video i ask to the other runners, other moderator to help me when i have suscpicions and he accept video in 3s ( i dont see anythink he have just good mashing) t3tsuya is not a speedrunner of this game so i dont know why he dont accept to add me super moderator. im speedrunner, i verify seriously all the runs, i have good contact with other runners, ok my english sucks but i try to do my best :) i hope you can help me :)

YUMmy_Bacon5 و 6oliath تُحب هذا
Massachusetts, USA

As one of two supermods for Minecraft: Console Edition ( https://www.speedrun.com/mce ), I was wondering if toycat could be removed as a supermod. His accounts been inactive for nearly two years, and i'm trying to tidy up the leaderboards a bit.

YUMmy_Bacon5 و Pac تُحب هذا
United States

@Gustavo.Predador Do not request new games in this thread.

YUMmy_Bacon5 و Habreno تُحب هذا
Chicago, IL, USA

Hello, I would like to be added as a moderator of Shadowrun for Genesis, 1994. The current moderator may have abandoned speedrunning and no runs are being either accepted or rejected. I also wouldn't mind if some other volunteer was made a moderator instead, because making me a mod just so I can accept my own runs is potentially sketchy. In any event, it's been 27 days and the mod is MIA. How can I resolve this issue?

Mexico
Slevanas
She/Her, They/Them
6 years ago

@Habreno then you sound like a terrible mod.

All I'm saying him being a super mod was a mistake. I showed several pages of games doing Any% NG and Any% NG+ and he refused to change them to Any% NG++ and Any% NG. Then said to get someone else's opinion and saying what people already established as the standard is confusing. When in reality it is not and clearly states in the title what it is. Any% and NewGame is confusing and makes no sense along with that it's stupid. Eventually he said do whatever and when I did the changes he kept undoing mine.

United States

I show respect for people that show others respect. By coming here behind his back you aren't showing him respect, so why should I show you any in regards to you not showing him any?

Mexico
Slevanas
She/Her, They/Them
6 years ago

This has nothing to do with respect, it has to do with someone who is undermining my changes with his mod power and refusing to accept changes.

All I wanted to do was make the page more neat with the category names and give a more clear idea of what they are. And follow the standards people have set regarding Any% and games that have NG+.

On a further note there doesn't even need to be two super mods. He can still be regular mod along with DigitalTrooper. That's fine.

United States

Firstly, if you want the change and he doesn't, why don't you talk with him and see why he doesn't want that change instead of coming here and trying to get him demoted? That's moderation 102.

As to your point about a super and him being normal, you've already said you intend to demote him to verifier earlier, so don't try and pull that bullshit. Don't even fucking try it.

"Tron_Javolta Feb 17 2018, 13:23:12

I think they want that person demoted to regular mod to be able to remove them entirely ? removing a mod with extra steps"

"Slevanas Feb 17 2018, 14:58:19

Exactly Tron, and stick to them being verify mod."

We're not idiots.

YUMmy_Bacon5 و 6oliath تُحب هذا
Mexico
Slevanas
She/Her, They/Them
6 years ago

My point still stands there's no need for two super mods in a game that has only a few people running it.

Scotland

"Any% and Any% NG and he wants Any% and NewGame" Why not ask the community on the discord server like a mini anonymous poll or something so no one argues and then after a day depending on what has the most votes becomes the category name. No need for fighting and then what ever wins is final. Even if only 3 people vote it is still what it is, but the community is the best people to turn to. :) idk demodding someone because of that seems petty to me but idk ^^ hope it gets sorted tho

YUMmy_Bacon5, Sklitterbeer و 6 آخرون تُحب هذا
Valhalla

Just in case there was ambiguity with what I said, I mean slevanas might've wanted the person demoted so that they can remove the now demoted mod at their own discretion rather than outright asking for the person to be removed from moderation