Category Discussion
8 years ago
Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Monojira
He/Him, They/Them
8 years ago

I have adapted the categories that we decided on in the "Witness Discord" but since that one has become somewhat obsolete now, I figure we could open the discussion on the forums.

The current categories are chosen to represent the standard SRL format in % and the two additional endings have been changed to misc categories.

Newfoundland, Canada

The Challenge isn't an ending. It's just a thing that you do. I also modified the secret ending description to fit the secret ending and not the regular ending.

The Challenge itself is a timed repeatable area with an in game timer and randomized puzzles, so I added that as a misc category, since that's something that's really fun to run and probably something I'll be working on.

One thing that I'm not sure on is how to name the categories for the challenge. I think both should exist. One where you just beat the challenge, and one where you start from a new game and then complete the game having beaten the challenge.

Illinois, USA

Thoughts on an All Lasers category, I think that would be a fun one in between any% and 100%

United States

I agree with the all lasers category.

What exactly is low%, anyways? It doesn't seem entirely useful.

Also, there could be a challenge%, which is just to beat the challenge as fast as possible. More of a fun category than a serious one.

France

Agree with all lasers category too.

Low% is beating the game by doing the least possible puzzle (114 at the moment)

The challenge% already exists in misc categories.

California, USA

100% minus Moon could be interesting.

Colorado, USA

All Panels is another to consider. Nice and lengthy (523 puzzles) but with no BS 58 mins twiddling your thumbs. Only downside is all the env puzzles really add some flash to the run. 100% minus Eclipse is viable.

Utah, USA

I'd say 100% going to minus Eclipse and minus gate, otherwise you have to sit through the Dev's ending too (even if that is really shorter). The last elevator panel also counts for the puzzle count so it'd be two endings, though I guess loading that could probably remove most of that problem.

All Panels could be fun too but I think it'd be great trying to route when to arrive at the mountain for the cloud env puzzle and how many of the keep/treetops you can complete as you're sending the boat from the treehouse for the env puzzle behind the keep.

Newfoundland, Canada

You don't need to watch the ending to get the gate. You just need to get the gate then reload your save. Nothing beyond that counts towards completion.

Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Monojira
He/Him, They/Them
8 years ago

I've added "All Pannels" as a misc category. The eclipse ending will stay for 100%, same with the Easter Egg pannel since both count towards an obelisk (and hence, 100% completion).

I'd be ok to discuss a "99.7%" (522 + 135 + 5) as a misc category to leave out the eclipse video but for that I'd require at least one full run of it. I'm kinda against flooding the leaderboards with more misc categories if nobody is doing runs for them.

Statystyki gry
Obserwujący
Przebiegi
Gracze
Najnowsze wątki
Opublikowano 7 years ago
games:thread_reply_count
Opublikowano 1 year ago
Opublikowano 2 years ago
Opublikowano 3 years ago